Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from New Zealand!

10-19-2019, 02:33 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum

The 645D is a camera I've always wondered about.
10-20-2019, 11:31 PM   #18

Welcome from Manila! I wanted a 645D too but my wallet is not in agreement nor my credit card!
10-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!

10-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by macd Quote
Thank you C_Jones, so you are able to see the live image before taking the photo with the HDMI output? This can be converted on an iPad so if that works that would be my answer there, wow. Can you confirm? Thank you.
I had not done it in awhile, so I tested today. I hooked my type D hdmi cable end into my HDMI out socket on my K-3 II, then I hooked the other end of the cable (HDMI type A (normal size)) into the HDMI socket in my TV. When the camera is in regular mode (not live view), it shows whatever screen contents which would normally be on the rear lcd of the camera on the TV. When the camera is in live view mode, it also shows whatever screen contents which would normally be on the rear lcd of the camera on the TV. Even when taking shots in live view with the hookup, the output to the TV was consistent with what would normally show on the real lcd screen of the camera when taking shots. When I was shooting with the hookup, as I said I could see everything that would normally be seen, and I also was switching between live view mode to image playback to view images. Pressing the image playback button to view images, then pressing the image playback button again would bring me back to live view mode automatically. I used an HDMI cable which was HDMI type D male on one end and HDMI type A (normal) on the other end. As I said in my earlier post, In the 645D manual the Mini HDMI Type C out port is mentioned for output to AV, so if you get a cable the one end would be HDMI type C (to fit your camera hdmi output), and the other end of the cable would be whatever type your device input port will accept. If you can apply the signal to be viewed as input on your device that would be nice for you. I hope I was of some help. If you cannot do it with your current device, maybe another one which would positively accept HDMI input would be what you may need.

Last edited by C_Jones; 10-21-2019 at 03:28 PM.
10-21-2019, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
I had not done it in awhile, so I tested today. I hooked my type D hdmi cable end into my HDMI out socket on my K-3 II, then I hooked the other end of the cable (HDMI type A (normal size)) into the HDMI socket in my TV. When the camera is in regular mode (not live view), it shows whatever screen contents which would normally be on the rear lcd of the camera on the TV. When the camera is in live view mode, it also shows whatever screen contents which would normally be on the rear lcd of the camera on the TV. Even when taking shots in live view with the hookup, the output to the TV was consistent with what would normally show on the real lcd screen of the camera when taking shots. When I was shooting with the hookup, as I said I could see everything that would normally be seen, and I also was switching between live view mode to image playback to view images. Pressing the image playback button to view images, then pressing the image playback button again would bring me back to live view mode automatically. I used an HDMI cable which was HDMI type D male on one end and HDMI type A (normal) on the other end. As I said in my earlier post, In the 645D manual the Mini HDMI Type C out port is mentioned for output to AV, so if you get a cable the one end would be HDMI type C (to fit your camera hdmi output), and the other end of the cable would be whatever type your device input port will accept. If you can apply the signal to be viewed as input on your device that would be nice for you. I hope I was of some help. If you cannot do it with your current device, maybe another one which would positively accept HDMI input would be what you may need.
Hi C_Jones, I have ordered a cable and will let you know how I make out. Thank you for the help.

Dave
10-22-2019, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by macd Quote
Hi C_Jones, I have ordered a cable and will let you know how I make out. Thank you for the help.

Dave
Sounds good. I hope it works out for you. As I said, if it will accept the HDMI visual input in some way, then you should be fine. Good luck.