Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2019, 01:56 PM - 6 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why I love Pentax DSLRs

Hi All,

I've already posted a troubleshooting question here and thanks again for all your tips.

Partially a half-decent amateur photographer (mainly landscapes) and partially a digital camera enthusiast in his forties, located in the central Europe (Czech republic).
Non-exclusive Pentax photographer (2009-2018 K-m, 2018-now K-S1 with a couple of cheaper lenses - probably the most favourite is SMC Pentax 24mm F2.8).

Why Pentax? Not so mainstream as canikon and still very capable, giving a great support for old lenses, great customer care (K1 upgrade etc.) and a peaceful community around.
(Picture taken yesterday, EXIF info included.)

Adam

10-20-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you here.
10-20-2019, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice yep I agree on all counts, especially the peaceful and helpful forum what I love is the diversity without the crippling cost. Nice manual primes for little outlay, camera bodies that produce images the equal of kit that is more than twice as expensive and the sharpness of the tiny little limited lenses is insane. This was with the 70mm limited on a KP

10-20-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome, hjortron! All great and accurate reasons to use Pentax for sure!

10-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.
10-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #6
Closed Account

Hi Adam, welcome from Australia.
10-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #7
Pentaxian

would aboard

vintage glass not requiring any type of adapter is a huge perk of the K mount

10-20-2019, 04:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums. Lovely photo too.
10-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome! Looks like a beautiful spot you've captured there
10-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hjortron Quote
Hi All,

I've already posted a troubleshooting question here and thanks again for all your tips.

Partially a half-decent amateur photographer (mainly landscapes) and partially a digital camera enthusiast in his forties, located in the central Europe (Czech republic).
Non-exclusive Pentax photographer (2009-2018 K-m, 2018-now K-S1 with a couple of cheaper lenses - probably the most favourite is SMC Pentax 24mm F2.8).

Why Pentax? Not so mainstream as canikon and still very capable, giving a great support for old lenses, great customer care (K1 upgrade etc.) and a peaceful community around.

Adam
Welcome to the forum, make yourself at home. really nice landscape you have posted!!
10-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hjortron Quote
Hi All,

Adam
Welcome to the forum Adam!

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)
10-20-2019, 07:04 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome
10-20-2019, 07:52 PM   #13
Pentaxian

The K-S1 is a great segway to the K-m, isn't it? They're both small and have great image quality.

Great lenses old and new with the "Pentax colors" and the Pentax philosophy of making cameras and lenses that are geared towards putting great image quality and a great user experience at a very reasonable cost in the hands of people who love to take pictures. So what if sometimes we have to work a bit harder than some cameras that "do everything" for you? At least it's a lot more rewarding when I do get a great picture from my Pentax gear.

Welcome!
10-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum! My wife picked up a Pentax K-x to photograph products for her business, and, despite being a budget model, it somehow felt more substantial and less plasticky than comparable Canons and Nikons at that time.

I read glowing reviews of new feature-packed cameras on other web sites and wonder if I should switch, but then I pick up my K-5 with its attached battery grip and it feels so right in my hand.

I also like the fact that I can attach a 35-year-old Pentax lens to my K-5 and get the following results. There's so much life left in my legacy glass! Not to mention the 30-year-old flash gun that still seems to be compatible (Yes, I checked the voltage beforehand).

Now, to see what that recently-announced APS-C body will let us do with our favorite Pentax gear. Might be time to start saving up...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
10-20-2019, 09:02 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome aboard! Wait until you try a KP or K-1. You'll be stuck here for life