Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #1

Best mount to adapt vintage lenses to sony

Hey guys, Sony user here!

I want to buy a speedbooster to my a6300, and use vintage lenses. Do i need more than one speedbooster, or can i buy just one, thne adapt to the lenses mount?

E.g.: Sony > Nikon = all Nikon lenses, and m42, but without focus infinity

10-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A Canon EOS adapter would let you adapt most lenses. Only a few SLRs had a shorter focal flange, Konica AR, Miranda, Canon FL/FD...
10-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Unless you want some exotic lenses that are manufacturer specific, or you already have lenses from random brands, it may be more convenient to just stick to one lens mount. The choices from most major manufacturers' series (say Pentax M series) are well rounded and easily available for common focal lengths and apertures, so why complicate with adapting multiple mounts?
10-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You might want to ask on a Sony forum like Talkemount for your answer.

10-22-2019, 07:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nicolasfgodoy Quote
Hey guys, Sony user here!

I want to buy a speedbooster to my a6300, and use vintage lenses. Do i need more than one speedbooster, or can i buy just one, thne adapt to the lenses mount?

E.g.: Sony > Nikon = all Nikon lenses, and m42, but without focus infinity
Like Mikesul said, TalkEmount would be a better place to go, or maybe FredMiranda.

When you say "speedbooster [sic]" do you mean the actual Speed Booster products which sell for $400+, or the Metabones (they make Speed Booster) adapters which are ~ $100?

If I were a Sony emount user and wanted to use vintage glass, I'd simply get a Minolta adapter and use some of the great old Minolta lenses.

Last edited by luftfluss; 10-22-2019 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typo
10-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Like Mikesul said, TalkEmount would be a better place to go, or maybe FredMiranda.

When you say "speedbooster [sic]" do you mean the actual Speed Booster products which sell for $400+, or the Metabones (they make Speed Booster) adapters which are ~ $100?

If I were a Sony emount user and wanted to use vintage glass, I'd simply get a Minolta adapter and use some of the great old Minolta lenses.

No, the company is metabones, and the product is speedbooster. But I'll get the cheaper one. It's great 'cause I'll have the Full frame field of view, with and aps-c body, and one plus stop of light
10-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, sorry can't help with your question, my Pentax glass is always on Pentax bodies.

10-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Unless you want some exotic lenses that are manufacturer specific, or you already have lenses from random brands, it may be more convenient to just stick to one lens mount. The choices from most major manufacturers' series (say Pentax M series) are well rounded and easily available for common focal lengths and apertures, so why complicate with adapting multiple mounts?
Yeah, that's the plan, but here in Brazil, vintage lenses are not that common. I'll buy from eBay the lens i'm planning to get, but you know... Sometimes I get tempted by some deals
10-22-2019, 10:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome to the PF from Costa Rica.
10-23-2019, 04:53 AM   #10

Welcome from Manila
11-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Rome Italy
11-02-2019, 08:02 PM   #12
Site Supporter