Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2008, 06:38 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada

Hi all,

Our digital point & shoot gave up the ghost last October or so, which was the final 'push' we needed to get something more appropriate for capturing pics of our daughter as she races all over the place.

I tossed between high-end point & shoots and basic DSLRs for a while before finding a deal on the K100D at a store that was trying to clear out the last of their stock. The chance to get get a true SLR for a premium of only $50 over a top-of-the-line P&S was a no-brainer. Besides, out of all the "entry-level" DSLRs I looked at, the K100D fit my hands the best and seemed most solidly built. In-camera image stabilization sealed the deal given how many otherwise-great shots on the P&S had been ruined by camera shake.

While I didn't know a whole lot about camera brands, I did recall hearing somewhere that Pentax, though less well-known, produced excellent products and had a dedicated group of loyal customers who followed them through thick and thin. I just wanted a camera fast enough to let me snap indoor pictures of frentic children; I had no idea what I was actually getting into. =)

Now that I've got this amazing photographic tool, it seems like a terrible waste not to put it to the best use possible. Thanks in part to some great coworkers who are also photographers, I've taken a special interest in candid portraiture and street photography, but most of all I'm just interested in learning. Thanks all for all the information I've already gathered from the site, and I look forward to participating some more!

10-19-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forums. There are several members who produce very nice street series.
I look forward to seeing some of your street shots.
10-19-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome Shadow - good to have another Eh! on-board.