Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-10-2019, 06:26 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Dave. The wait will be worth it!

11-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Dave,
Thanks for a nice introduction story. You should be very happy with your K-70
Greetings from Poland!
11-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwidave Quote
Been lurking for a while and finally joined the forum today.

Many (many,) years ago, when I was a high school student, I joined our school's Photography club. With my Dad's Spotmatic, I shot and developed B&W. I can't say for certain, but I suspect it had the Super Takumar 1.4/50mm lens.

Then, in my Uni days, I bought an SF7, with Tokina 28-70 and 70-210 zooms. Served me well for years and years until digital cameras came along and killed off shooting on film for the masses.

So now, 30 years later, I'm finally in a position to join the DSLR world. I've had a few cheap point and shoot digital cameras over the years, none of which I used for anything other than family snaps and holiday pictures. Now those have fallen by the wayside for phone cameras.

I haven't done any "photography" in a long time.

I've purchased a K-70. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for it to get to me (the NZ distributor had no K-70s in stock!). I can't wait.
Welcome to the forum Dave!
We look forward to seeing your K-70 photos.

Kind regards,
Mark
(Wairarapa)
11-11-2019, 03:33 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums from Norway...

11-12-2019, 01:36 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums! I tried forming a Photography Club on my college campus but unfortunately I couldn't get enough interest.
11-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Welcome to the forums! I tried forming a Photography Club on my college campus but unfortunately I couldn't get enough interest.
We were lucky. The photography club at my high school was run by a local professional photographer. So not only did we learn the technical aspects of developing film and photos, he arranged outings for us to shoot at various locations/events/situations.

We visited the remnants of an old mining works. One of those photos I posted to the Weekly Photo Challenge 476 - Minimalistic Imagery. Didn't get any likes, although I did only post it an hour before the deadline!

I also remember going to a local event, like a street fair, and he also arranged for us to do a shoot in the CBD with a model. A great learning experience. I was 16 or 17 at the time.
11-13-2019, 01:34 AM   #22

Original Poster
Yay!

Received an email this afternoon to say my camera has been shipped!

11-13-2019, 01:37 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yay!

Received an email this afternoon to say my camera has been shipped!
Sounds good! I bet you're watching for the courier!
11-13-2019, 02:22 AM   #24

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Sounds good! I bet you're watching for the courier!
I get everything delivered to my work. It's a large business (one of the largest in the city) so we have our own mailroom. We have a real problem here (NZ in general I believe) with couriers either not bothering to even attempt to deliver (my work mate has a security camera and has captured couriers driving up and leaving a "could not deliver" card in the mailbox, without ever going onto the property!) or signing for packages themselves and leaving them on the doorstep.

There's no way I want $1300 worth of DSLR sitting on the doorstep for all and sundry to see for several hours!

My Mum used to work in the mailroom, so they let me know when a package comes in for me.
11-13-2019, 02:45 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I get everything delivered to my work. It's a large business (one of the largest in the city) so we have our own mailroom. We have a real problem here (NZ in general I believe) with couriers either not bothering to even attempt to deliver (my work mate has a security camera and has captured couriers driving up and leaving a "could not deliver" card in the mailbox, without ever going onto the property!) or signing for packages themselves and leaving them on the doorstep.

There's no way I want $1300 worth of DSLR sitting on the doorstep for all and sundry to see for several hours!

My Mum used to work in the mailroom, so they let me know when a package comes in for me.
Couriers can be hit and miss here too. But, we have a regular NZ Post Courier who knows my wife's work address, so if something ends up in his van for home delivery, he delivers it to her work, which is rather nice.
But, like you, I get nearly everything delivered to work too.
11-15-2019, 03:17 AM   #26
Pentaxian

welcome to the forum and greetings from Italy
12-02-2019, 03:24 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Interesting. I have owned a K-70 for a while now. Not long afterwards I started buying Pentax film cameras.
I own an SF7 and also a Spotomatic among my 12 Pentax film cameras.
I welcome you to the forums from Australia and look forward to seeing some of your shots with your new K-70.
12-05-2019, 03:21 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Hello and welcome, nice to meet you. NZ has lots of great things to take images of and this forum is a great place to show off your work and get feedback, I look forward to seeing your work