Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 01:41 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums from Norway...

12-02-2019, 05:26 AM   #32
Veteran Member

A big welcome to the Pentax forums from Australia.
You have an enviable Pentax collection.
Great to have you join the forums.
Enjoy.
12-02-2019, 08:21 AM   #33
Pentaxian

welcome to the forum and greetings from Italy
12-03-2019, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KSSteve Quote
Welcome from Kansas.
Thanks!

---------- Post added 12-03-19 at 07:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Howdy, from the distant land of Fauquier Co.

And to both @MTNcycler and @Robgski, my deepest condolences on the outcome of the game today. I, myself, had kids in each of the two schools, but, well, I've never liked U.Va.'s supercilious attitude, and the kid who went there didn't care about football (math major).
Thanks dlh—that was one aweful game 😔

---------- Post added 12-03-19 at 07:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Well, I have to go to our office in Charlottesville, so it's unavoidable, but I prefer to spend my time on the west side of the Blue Ridge.

I do enjoy visiting Richmond on weekends. East of Richmond down to Virginia Beach is nice, but too far for a day trip. Virginia has a ton of great state parks, I'm hoping to visit more of them in 2020
I will second SW VA. Great place for outdoor and photo enthusiasts.

---------- Post added 12-03-19 at 07:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
Welcome to the forums from Norway...
Thanks troenaas!

---------- Post added 12-03-19 at 07:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VILLAINofOZ Quote
A big welcome to the Pentax forums from Australia.
You have an enviable Pentax collection.
Great to have you join the forums.
Enjoy.
Thanks VILLAINofOZ. Great to hear from Australia, and I hope to make it there someday!

---------- Post added 12-03-19 at 07:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by nonpigliounoshoot Quote
welcome to the forum and greetings from Italy
Thanks so much!

12-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MTNcycler Quote
Greetings to Pentax Forums from Blacksburg, VA! I want to thank everyone on this forum for many helpful insights into Pentax cameras, lenses, and photographic techniques over the years. I've been lurking for way too long and decided it was time to join. Your comments and reviews have been critical. Also, I wanted to say this seems like a very active and cordial community.

For anyone interested, here's my Pentax journey: I bought my first Pentax camera in 1997 (a ZX-10 with kit lens, I think) before a backpacking trip to the Grand Canyon. It was what I could afford at the time and helped capture many great memories. When it gave up the ghost a decade later I replaced it with an *ist DL and gradually added an assortment of classic Pentax film bodies (K1000, Spotmatic, ME Super, MX) as well as Tamron Adaptall and Pentax manual focus lenses. In 2015 I passed the *ist DL on to my wife (still going strong with 18-55 and F 70-210 lenses) and bought a K-01. I liked that camera but ran into trouble shooting my daughter's soccer games with manual focus lenses in full daylight (I should probably blame my aging eyes). Looking to trade in old gear and modernize, I researched all the new APS-C DSLR and mirrorless cameras. I was OK with switching brands, but you know what? I decided on a K-3ii with DA* 60-250 and couldn't be happier. It has been great for sports (soccer and mountain biking), landscape, portraits, events, and everything else. Over several years a variety of new and used lenses and a KP (amazing camera) were added, all with a specific purpose and thoroughly researched primarily on this site. My youngest daughter caught the bug and now has a gently used K10D with 18-55 lens. And, for film, I still have a Super Program (CLA'd by Eric) that I use mostly with the SMC DA 40/2.8 Ltd.

Here's the Pentax family you all helped me grow (please forgive the phone pic). I'm looking forward to taking part in this community!
Welcome! I love the story. You are more into Pentax than I am I think. I started in 35mm film cameras too, the Ricoh KR-10, then to the Pentax K110-D. I have one tamron adaptall lens too.
12-04-2019, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jack002 Quote
Welcome! I love the story. You are more into Pentax than I am I think. I started in 35mm film cameras too, the Ricoh KR-10, then to the Pentax K110-D. I have one tamron adaptall lens too.
Thanks jack002! Having looked hard at the other options, I am happy with the Pentax ecosystem. And, dare I say it, have everything I need/want for the moment. Although, I know how it goes... I still think the Tamron Adaptall system was a great idea.
12-12-2019, 08:36 PM - 1 Like   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Since the forums has so many Pentaxians, I thought I'd make a group for us to represent the people, places, and wonders of our fine state. Please feel free to contribute in the main thread or in threads with topics or themes you create on your own. The only limitation is that the image be one that represents the State of Virginia. We could also use it to suggest, advertise, and coordinate meet ups, photo walks, and other events of common interest.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing your (or all y'all's) pictures.

12-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Nice set up you got there! Welcome to the forums.
12-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #39

Welcome, very nice kit, and nice to see the Pentax and photography bug has spread to your offspring!
12-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!
12-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum

Nice selection of gear you have there.
12-21-2019, 02:04 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
G'day mate and welcome to the forum

Nice selection of gear you have there.
Thanks beachgardener!
12-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Welcome from just down the Parkway. My wife got her Masters at VT back when she admitted her age. Nice to see Colonel Mortimer overlooking the machinery. Come down to Galax and shoot some flatfooting at the Rex Theater every Friday night.