Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2019, 07:55 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum

I don't know the other cameras you mention, but I do have a K-5, great camera.

12-21-2019, 01:41 PM   #17

Original Poster
K5

I like my K5 camera a lot. I may buy another, I try to encourage young people to try this hobby, and to that end I have given some kit away and seem to have good success with the Kx as the first HDR, also they are inexpensive. As well, for some reason every one of them that touches the K5 comments that this is a nice camera. I have heard that said word for word from 6 or 7 young teens, however the K5 is still a little pricey for a give away since it is such a great camera. I have the Nikon D7000 which besides being the first in Nikons line of Enthusiast grade cameras, they have mechanical auto focus as well as electric, the D7000 uses the exact same sensor as the K5, and was released on the heels of the K5, but tests out to be lower in performance compared to the K5. Surprising to see that more Nikon folk are aware of this than Pentax, and when both cameras are within reach many cannot resist taking a couple shots with each for examination, usually leave counting the features offered by the Nikon. I'll take in camera shake reduction and legacy lens capability for a thousand Alex, haha. Try not to get picky with it but just notice newbys and oldies alike all having an affection for that camera some knowledgeable and others not is more than a coincidence and why I may buy another. Just don't get me started, haha.
12-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #18

It was nice to meet you today Brian. I'm glad my K5 is going to a good home. Makes parting with it a little easier.
12-22-2019, 11:03 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
welcome to the forum from Arizona

12-23-2019, 08:24 PM   #20

Original Poster
Thank You

Thank you Jennifer, it was very nice to meet you as well. I hope to see you again sometime, perhaps when I'm taking pictures. So nice to meet people in this hobby, and thank you to all who are posting for the warm welcome, I'd be happy to bump into any of you.