Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Pre-Pentax Owner

Hi! I'm not quite a Pentax owner yet, am saving and will be purchasing in February. I've been looking to moved up from a film slr to digital slr and was seriously considering either a Canon or Nikon.... that is until we walked into a camera shop that sells Pentax. The owner was busy with other people at the counter, so I didn't have time to really look at them. I went home, did some research on the Pentax, went back to the store a few days later to actually get a closer look and got some more information and that sold me on my decision of which one to buy.

I decided to join the forum to get more information and learn as much as I can before my purchase. I'm not anywhere close to being a novice prhotographer, but would like to learn how to take better pictures. I usually take pictures of whatever strikes my fancy... the dogs, the kids, while we're out riding around I'll see an old building that looks neat or when we had the floods this year, all the flooded areas, etc. I'd like to eventually get some nice telephoto lens and take pictures of wild animals. And maybe someday be able to get published.

In the meantime, I take pics with my 35mm Canon Rebel and my P&S Fuji and have fun. I hope to gain lots of knowledge on the Pentax and will be taking notes so I'll be all set by the time I get my camera and then will be a picture taking fool!

10-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
Hi! I'm not quite a Pentax owner yet, am saving and will be purchasing in February.
why wait - you can find something used now in our marketplace...

look here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographers-marketplace/40040-k20d-lenses-flash-etc.html

he sells K20D w/ a good split prism focusing screen installed, good price though - ask him if he
can arrange a transaction through ebay and may be you save more and he gain more (if M$ live cashback is alive)
10-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Wild, Missouri here too, near St. Louis, welcome to the forums... This is a great place to learn, lots of helpful photogs here !!