Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #1

HeyMissJo says Hi!

Hi All,

Can't tell you how excited I am to have found this forum!! I am a beginner photographer, but have always loved snapping away with my camera since I was a kid. Many years ago I bought my first SLR - Pentax MZ50 and I loved it. But over the years I have got lazy with a compact digital.

But you know what? I missed the thrill of composing my own photos and playing around with an SLR - so I have finally done it - I have just bought a Pentax K20D (I couldn't go away from my pentax). I am extremely rusty... but am loving my new camera!

Can't believe how much information is available here!! Am also keen to have a go at some competitions.. although a little nervous - there is some amazing work on this site!! But it's all about having a go!

Cheers
Jo

10-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome Jo. I am sure you are loving your K20D. I look forard to seeing some of your pictures. Please, feel free to enter the competitions, don't worry, we don't bite and we all try and help each other along.
I'd like to recommend to you The Picture of the week POTW. It isn't really a competition, just a group of us who post three or four pics to show what we've taken that week.
Everyone is welcome, no pressure, we take turns at hosting.
10-25-2008, 03:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hi jo

its always good to see new members join our forum, but its better when we get more aussies.
Welcome to the forum jo, hope you enjoy your stay
10-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Jo,

Congrats on the new purchase and enjoy the forums.