Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #1

Vivitar on Nikon?

Hi there! I know this is a Pentax Forum and to be honest I don't have any Pentax camera. But I do have a Vivitar Lens ( 35-70mm 1:3.5-4.8 MC MACRO) which I'd like to try on my Nikon 5300. (I'm just starting on photography and this is my gear so far...)
Can anybody help me to find an adapter? (if there's one).
I'd appreciate some help from de experts.
Thanks in advance
Nico

Attached Images

02-09-2020, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

seems that the v335 is a k-mount body.....seems a K to whatever mount the Nikon is adapter would do
02-09-2020, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nikons aren't any good for adapting, they have the longest registration distance so any adapter would need additional optics to get infinity focus (canon is the opposite - shortest registration distance means that there is room for an adapter between lens and camera, that's why it's easy to get adapters canon eos to OM, PK, Nik F, CY, M42...).

Nikon is ok for the use of legacy nikon or nikon mount lenses, the essential design of the F bayonet hasn't changed so they all mount on the camera. But nikon hasn't been as easily backwards compatible as pentax, with a basic consumer nikon dslr you will have no additional functionality: all manual and no metering. More upmarket models can have mechanical AI/AIS aperture connect allowing metering and Av modes for example, and screw drive focus for eg older Nikon AF sigma lenses etc.
More info google and browse. Ken Rockwell is good on legacy nikon stuff.
02-12-2020, 04:55 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, we also have a sister site which maybe of interest to you, Nikon Forums - Community Home