Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2020, 06:41 AM - 6 Likes   #1

The end of a journey

A bombastic title. In short words:

Started ages ago with a Voigtlaender Vito B and a b/w-enlarger in the kitchen of my parents. At the age of 15 a dream come true and i get an OM1. We were good companions over years, but then started a bad desease: GAS. Buying this, buying that. but nothing made me really happy. I missed a camera, which fits nearly perfect in my hands. FF or DX ist not the question, both will give you a stellar imagequality today. But most cameras are like a box of cigarettes with 50 little buttons on it, when you take in your hands. And i don't like menue-diving.

Last week i made my last decision (hopefully). A new camera, which will share my way of photography for a long, long time. I take a look at the D850 and the K1 II. And i decided.....ok, now i'm here

I'm to old, to hunt every new item on the market. And i don't do crazy sportphotography or street with a hidden (and tiny) cam. Ever seen a hidden K1?? I like to take landscapes and cityscapes. I like nature. That's my world of photography. My last camera was a Fuji XT3, a really fantastic camera. But, for me, a bit tiny. A windy day at the coast - very difficult. I like it, when i feel the cam in my hands.

I'm located in Germany near Cologne. But i like to travel round Europe (ok, Canada and Japan are in my thoughts, but till today i wasn't there).

Michael

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
02-13-2020, 07:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your very interesting introduction! Welcome to Pentax Forums.

I think that you will really enjoy your new K-1 II. Just keep that GAS under control!

QuoteOriginally posted by Lux Legere Quote
My last camera was a Fuji XT3, a really fantastic camera. But, for me, a bit tiny.
Our son recently bought an X-T3, and I was able to play with it for a week before he picked it up at our house. Nice camera, certainly, and if I were to ever switch brands, I think I would go to Fuji. But, I think I like the fit and feel and user experience of my K-3 II better.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lux Legere Quote
ok, Canada and Japan are in my thoughts, but till today i wasn't there

I have had the pleasure of visiting Germany several times on business and I really enjoyed each trip. Canada is waiting for you! Any time of year is a great time to visit, although you may wish to avoid the coldest winter months (January and February).

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 02-13-2020 at 11:43 AM.
02-13-2020, 08:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard. I have had a K1 since May 2016 and added a K1-II when they first came out. They are wonderful cameras. Just something about them fits and works. The image quality has something extra to it too.
02-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Fascinating intro photo.

02-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums! Great introduction and we hope to see more photos from you.
02-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome! I think adding you here does more for us than for you.
02-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing your travels in images