Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2020, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #1

Takumar lens admiring Greetings from North Carolina

Hey folks, In the course of the past few months I have developed a hunger for the 1960's and early 70's Takumars. Thanks to the forum to have helped me better understand the used gear out on the internet.

I'm loving the Super Tak 50mm f4 Macro. Such a sweet multipurpose lens. My 135mm f3.5, 55mm f1.8 and 28mm f3.5 all have been great finds and editions to my lens collection. I covete these now and have rarely reached for an autofocus lens for quite some time.

Looking forward to learning, and contributing when I can.

Be well, Neil

03-15-2020, 02:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Hunger," "loving the Super Tak," "sweet...lens," "covet." Yup, those words fit right in here. I think you've found your home on Pentax Forums!

Glad top hear that you're enjoying your Takumars. Welcome from Canada.

- Craig
03-15-2020, 08:05 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax.FORUMS!
03-16-2020, 12:41 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and to the world of fine Pentax glass.

03-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from South Africa, Neil. A word of caution; Takumar glass can become addictive!
Best.
05-22-2020, 08:39 PM   #6

Original Poster
Hey Folks, I haven't replied back as the past few months have been a bit hectic with the virus thing. I did want to say I use the forum for research and drawings to better understand the old lenses I have. Only one has some fungus, my 105, but I am intent on cleaning it out. I have invested in the right tools and have been absorbing the wonderful work from utuber "mikeno62" to dis-assemble and clean lens elements. If anyone knows of any Super Takumar 105mm 2.8 cleaning/lubricating/lens cleaning videos or writen tutorials I'd love to hear about it. I have yet to find this specific lens and am leary of jumping all the way in without further research. I have been using my old Canon Rebel XTI from 2008 and am going to recieve my first Pentax camera body next week, the slightly old Pentax T-50. It's not big bucks, but I'm really excited about having a better tool in which to use my good old manual focus lenses. Any guidance one can provide on their experices would be cool to hear. Thanks for reading my rambling, but I've become a Pentax man and excited about it.