Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Another Antipodian

Hi,

I have already enjoyed the pentax forum a lot; great bunch of people round here!

If you are a Kiwi as well; you may join us at The Kiwi Pentaxians Social Group. I'm thrilled with the members who are already there and am very impressed that they keep checking the group page (unfortunately, there is no notification automation).

I have just started DSLR photography and am immensely enjoying my K100D. I am about to get my second lens (an FA 50mm f/1.4 ). Doesn't look like another LBA career yet, but it's a start.

I'm keen to develop my photographer's eye and hope that reading and practising will do the trick. Having the beauty of New Zealand at one's doorstep certainly helps in terms of subjects to shoot.

10-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome, I've seen that you've already been pretty active. I'm glad you're enjoying the forum.
Nice shots in the gallery BTW.
10-29-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I've seen that you've already been pretty active.
Yes, in particular in terms of reading, including a lot of your postings. Always a good sense of humour, I like that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice shots in the gallery BTW.
That means a lot to me! Thanks ever so much. I keep admiring your Nokton shots in the corresponding thread.
10-29-2008, 04:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome - although you've obviously been here a lot longer than I have!

Like the shots in the gallery - particularly the low light sunset cloud and macro flower (macro is one of my passions from my film SLR days and I really must get another lens for it).

I've been to NZ a few times (work related) and will be back next year in Wellington. It was a windy place the last time I was there but loved the foreshore and all the painted houses - so much colour and character! Hopefully I can visit for a bit longer to properly take in the sights - not just the city environs. Is the country side as amazing on the North island as much as the South (I was in Queenstown last year)?

Cheers

10-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MoiVous Quote
Like the shots in the gallery - particularly the low light sunset cloud and macro flower
Thanks a lot!

I've been to NZ a few times (work related) and will be back next year in Wellington. It was a windy place the last time I was there but loved the foreshore and all the painted houses
Yes, the capital's nick name is "Windy Wellington" (or, thanks to Peter Jackson, Wellywood ).

Give me a shout when you visit Wellington again. Perhaps we can meet up sometime.

Is the country side as amazing on the North island as much as the South
The South Island has the Mitre Peak at Milford Sound and stuff like that. How do you want to compete against that?

Having said that there are great attractions at the North Island as well. I only just started to discover it but the area around Mount Ruapehu (active volcano) is quite spectacular, AFAIC. I've have also been to and near Auckland and thought that Mission Bay (Auckland) and Piha (not far from where "The Piano" was shot) were fantastic. There are many places (e.g., the geysers or the Art Deco architecture of Napier) I haven't seen yet. I'd say a trip to New Zealand without the North Island would be incomplete.

And you know "You can't beat Wellington on a sunny day" (which means more often than not you can ).
11-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
New Thread for Kiwi Pentaxians

Hi,

since social groups do not support notification and quoting, we decided to have our own thread for Kiwi Pentaxians.

If you are from the land where the Kiwi roams, please join us there.