Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2020, 06:00 AM - 5 Likes   #1

First thread and intro from Bill Bellows

In the early 1960's I was a technical artist for a manufacturer of photographic processing equipment. Working in this environment how could I not get interested in photography. One of my fellow employees had extensive experience, and of course I learned much from him. My first camera was a Minolta Minister rangefinder, and shortly thereafter a basic non-metered Asahi Pentax SLR. The real treat was my brother in Japan sending me an entire system of three lenses, a bellow extension, and a Pentax (Honeywell) Spotmatic.

My next position was with Control Data Corp. in Minneapolis, MN. The primary focus was large main super computers. CDC was also a leader in peripherals particularly disk storage and head technology. The title of my department was Technical publications. My responsibilities varied from senior technical illustrator, to graphic design, to photographer. And the big bonus here was we had a photo lab and a large graphic arts camera which occupied two rooms.

After a few positions here and there with other technology companies my last was with a Rockwell subsidiary near Minneapolis. Not a lot of photography here, but I thought this was my dream job. All of the experiences and skills I learned over the last 40 years came into play. Interestingly though, not much photography.

After retiring from career positions I took a job at an independent senior living facility. My title was Maintenance Technician and responsible for refurbishment. I coordinated with plumbers, painters, and carpet layers. I learned to enjoy re-caulking counter tops. I made it an art form. Ya, not a great amount of photo ops here either. I left after 10 years at about age 65 and in great.

After the Control Data stint there wasn't much photographic activity except the usual family stuff. I took it up again a few years ago when I bought a Pentax MX1. I've since add a Nikon S9900 and a Pentax K50. Here are some samples. And I hope I didn't bore anyone.

-Bill Bellows

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
COOLPIX S9900  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
COOLPIX S9900  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
COOLPIX S9900  Photo       
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
COOLPIX S9900  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo   
04-20-2020, 06:08 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax Forum, Bill. Those are great intro shots you posted.
04-20-2020, 06:29 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Bill, welcome from Australia. Excellent introduction and images from you too.
04-20-2020, 08:39 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that it has to offer.

04-20-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and knowledge here

looking forward to the contributions you choose to make here
04-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums!