Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2020, 11:44 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I'm looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure we have met at some point. I was very active in the local photographic community through the 1980s to the mid 2000s until I moved on. I was mostly a lab guy, and after Kroma Kolor shut down I ended up working for various minilabs. I saw the writing on that wall and decided that it was time to find something else to do.
I spent some time as a stringer for Lifetouch when Scott was working for them, and also quite a bit of time with Kim, who I've known for more than 30 years over at the Pixel Factory.
There's a little name dropping test for you.
I still go to Don's for their yearly dog and pony show, though I found the last one very disappointing, the Ricoh/Pentax rep had absolutely nothing Pentax on display, he was pimping his Sigma stuff, which really left me with a quick look at what's new with Fuji, and nothing else of interest.
I still make all my major purchases from Don's, but I am really no longer active in the community.
No doubt we've met before. I used to be active in the Regina Photo Club (and was the president about 18 years back), and did photography on the side while teaching school. Now that I'm retired, photography is my main job, although we're all taking a beating during this pandemic. However, now that the weather is better, perhaps we'll still get out a bit to do what we love. Cheers!

04-26-2020, 11:02 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Parry!
I've not been to Regina for many many years.
Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)
04-28-2020, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Welcome to the forum Parry!
I've not been to Regina for many many years.
Kind regards,
Mark
:aotearoa:
(New Zealand)
Thanks for the welcome, Mark. I haven't been to New Zealand (yet), but know some good folks there!
04-28-2020, 01:40 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Johnson Quote
Thanks for the welcome, Mark. I haven't been to New Zealand (yet), but know some good folks there!
Well, you're always welcome to stop by. Except maybe now during lock-down. The borders are shut.

04-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #20
Pentaxian

I was in Regina once back in the 60's. Hitched in on a truck (hitch hiking from Toronto to Vancouver) who left us at some shipping yard at about 6 am, and we'd caught another ride by 8, but I was there.

From what I remember it's a cloudy kind of rainy city.

Welcome to the forum.
04-28-2020, 04:51 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
we should meet up for a Robin's.
Haha, when I was a travelling sales rep, I patronized the Robins in Rochedale and on Macdonald weekly, now the only time I stop at them is after a Riders game (which is once or twice a year), for the drive back to Saskatoon.
QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Johnson Quote
Hi, I'm Parry
Hi Parry, welcome from a casual Pentaxian to the north of you. I grew up in rural Alberta, but have been fortunate enough to travel extensively throughout Saskatchewan for the past 30 years and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
04-28-2020, 08:09 PM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I was in Regina once back in the 60's. Hitched in on a truck (hitch hiking from Toronto to Vancouver) who left us at some shipping yard at about 6 am, and we'd caught another ride by 8, but I was there.

From what I remember it's a cloudy kind of rainy city.

Welcome to the forum.
Interesting enough, it WAS rainy today! Usually, it's very dry, and either very hot or very cold -- this in-between weather we're having now is called "late winter" or "early summer." :-)

---------- Post added 04-28-20 at 09:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Haha, when I was a travelling sales rep, I patronized the Robins in Rochedale and on Macdonald weekly, now the only time I stop at them is after a Riders game (which is once or twice a year), for the drive back to Saskatoon.Hi Parry, welcome from a casual Pentaxian to the north of you. I grew up in rural Alberta, but have been fortunate enough to travel extensively throughout Saskatchewan for the past 30 years and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
Good to hear from you! It looks like the new stadium will be empty for awhile with Covid-19 restrictions.