Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #1

Howdy from Hervey Bay.

Hi, I'm Brett from Hervey Bay in Queensland, Australia. My girlfriend (Sophie) and myself are just starting out in photography and purchased our first camera, a Pentax k200d it's really great and we enjoy taking photographs of wild life and portraits of people. Hopefully this forum can help us along in the quest to become fairly decent photographers! thanks guys n gals.

Brett & Sophie.

10-31-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Pentax team.

Some Hervey Bay shots would be cool.

Peter
10-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gi'day, Brett & Sophie. Four years in a row, we've been to HB for Christmas. Last year we went to Hastings Point, Northern NSW instead. That was good, but we'll be back to HB again this Christmas. Colonial Lodge in Cypress St Torquay is our usual place, but we spent part of one Christmas in one of the cabins at the Kondari Resort. (Could only get a few days at the Colonial Lodge that time.) Anyway, this will be my first Christmas at HB with a DSLR.

You got those lovely Botanic Gardens in HB and there's another nice one in Bundy. Please do some scouting around for me and advise me of the best places to shoot this Christmas.

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 10-31-2008 at 10:47 PM.
10-31-2008, 11:40 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yeah the botanical gardens are really good, another place with alot of nature walks and little streams is Akara tea gardens, just outside the bay in Craignish. there is also a nice bird sanctuary in Apple Tree Creek, about 1hr towards Bundy from here.

Brett & Sophie.

11-01-2008, 12:46 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Get us some shots of Migaloo!

Welcome. I knew a girl from Hervey Bay.
11-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bickerdike Quote
another place with a lot of nature walks and little streams is Akara tea gardens, just outside the bay in Craignish. there is also a nice bird sanctuary in Apple Tree Creek, about 1hr towards Bundy from here.
Found the Arkarra Tea Gardens at Dundowran. Is this located by the Arkarra Lagoons?

Also found the Bird Habitat at Apple Tree Creek. Looks like it could be good for both still & video photography.

Do you have any photos from either place?

What I noticed was that there is not a very good selection of photos of the general Hervey Bay/South Burnett region on Panoramio/Google Maps. I hope I can add a few after this year's holiday.

Dan.
11-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
Found the Arkarra Tea Gardens at Dundowran. Is this located by the Arkarra Lagoons?

Also found the Bird Habitat at Apple Tree Creek. Looks like it could be good for both still & video photography.

Do you have any photos from either place?

What I noticed was that there is not a very good selection of photos of the general Hervey Bay/South Burnett region on Panoramio/Google Maps. I hope I can add a few after this year's holiday.

Dan.
Correct! Its right next to the lagoons, a nice little cafe/restaurant also. No we have not had a chance to go to either place yet but they are high on the list.

Brett and Soph.