Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2020, 11:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New Here, But Not to Pentax

I just couldn't stand it anymore so I bought the little Q-S1. I've used Pentax since around 1980 starting with the venerable K-1000. Still have it. Moved on to a ME Super, still have it and the 50 mm 1.4 SMC lens, which is quite nice on the Q-S1. I had a Pentax DSLR whose name I forget that I gave to a friend.

The Q-S1 came out of Osaka from a dealer, Megucamera, who was good to deal with. The camera was exactly what he said it was. I love being able to carry a camera so easily and still get good results. In that it is like my Olympus XA3 and Canon Demi. The Q-S1 came with the 02 zoom and the 06 zoom. An 01 prime is on its way through JapanPost and will hopefully arrive before I die. JapanPost is very slow with the Covid-19 gumming up the works.

I took the camera out today for some quick snapshots and it delivers good sharpness and color with the 02 zoom. It's good to be back with a Pentax again. When not shooting Pentax I have a nice Sony A7M II with the Zeiss 55mm and the Sony 24 - 240 zoom.

05-21-2020, 12:12 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boojum Quote
I just couldn't stand it anymore so I bought the little Q-S1. I've used Pentax since around 1980 starting with the venerable K-1000. Still have it. Moved on to a ME Super, still have it and the 50 mm 1.4 SMC lens, which is quite nice on the Q-S1. I had a Pentax DSLR whose name I forget that I gave to a friend.

The Q-S1 came out of Osaka from a dealer, Megucamera, who was good to deal with. The camera was exactly what he said it was. I love being able to carry a camera so easily and still get good results. In that it is like my Olympus XA3 and Canon Demi. The Q-S1 came with the 02 zoom and the 06 zoom. An 01 prime is on its way through JapanPost and will hopefully arrive before I die. JapanPost is very slow with the Covid-19 gumming up the works.

I took the camera out today for some quick snapshots and it delivers good sharpness and color with the 02 zoom. It's good to be back with a Pentax again. When not shooting Pentax I have a nice Sony A7M II with the Zeiss 55mm and the Sony 24 - 240 zoom.
Welcome to the Forum. Great to have your background to share with the rest of us. I hope you will enjoy the Forum as much as I have done.
05-21-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!
05-21-2020, 01:08 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland, enjoy your time spent here with us all.

05-21-2020, 05:52 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and knowledge here
05-21-2020, 05:56 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome home Looking forward to seeing pictures.
05-21-2020, 06:27 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.