Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2020, 05:17 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I am a long term reader of the user reviews but only now feel like I've converted sufficiently to join.

My journey went from Minolta AF but instead of progressing to Sony Alpha, I went backward to an XD5 that I got serviced and used for more than 10 years.
Rokkor glass holds a place in my heart but I started reading Pentax forums researching third party lenses particularly for alternative 24mm primes. I could not justify the cost of the Rokkor because most of what I shoot started at 35mm and ended at 135mm.
After purchasing the 01b Tamron, I started picking up various other Adaptalls often on the strength of the reviews here and the crazy value some of them offer.
Setting aside absolute image quality which is always decent, the build quality and ergonomics on all but the later models are very nice.

In 2016 I finally decided used DSLRs were in my price range and purchased a Kr with the 18-55 knowing I could still use the Adaptalls.
For a long time now I have also used an SMC A 50mm 1.7 and some recent LBA has seen me purchase a non-SMC F28-80 3.5-4.5 and FA 35-80.

Anyway reassessment of where I have my limited funds has pushed me to register.
I will probably trade in my remaining Minolta gear and thin out the Adaptalls to get something more up to date.
That said I have been quite happy with the 18-55. I don't shoot at 18mm and most deficiencies in the results are down to me rather than the lens.

I think the 35mm 2.4 might be first on my list. Faster glass rather than extended range is my immediate priority. Then I'll see what's still in the bank.

07-15-2020, 05:26 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, enjoy all that the forum has to offer.
07-15-2020, 05:31 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from sunny Dorset - interested in the choice of user name (there's actually a thread dedicated to explanations if youl feel so inclined - What's the origin of your PF Username? - PentaxForums.com )
07-15-2020, 06:12 AM   #4
Closed Account

Welcome from Australia.

07-15-2020, 06:21 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Great to see you including us on your journey. Welcome from Florida!
07-15-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome from " across the pond "

you will find friendly members and knowledge here