Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2020, 05:47 AM   #1

Greetings from Ireland!

Hi, I've just joined (after occasionally lurking for many years!). Had some birthday cash to spare so recently upgraded from my K20D to a second-hand K3 - which I still have the option to return and seriously thinking about as I find it difficult to get used to compared to the K20D. One issue someone might advise on please: I have been doing some test shots of the same scene at different apertures and find the wheel sticks after a few changes - is there a valid reason for this or is it a technical fault with the camera? Never happened on the K20D.

07-21-2020, 05:51 AM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.
07-21-2020, 07:05 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and knowledge here

you may want to post a new thread in this area to get info about the problem with your K 3:

Troubleshooting and Beginner Help - PentaxForums.com

I have never had that problem with mine

QuoteQuote:
Pentax K-3 Review
Introduction
Originally announced on October 7th, 2013, the Pentax K-3 is the exciting new flagship 24-megapixel APS-C DSLR from Pentax which will be replacing the outgoing K-5 II and K-5 IIs models. This camera delivers numerous enhancements over the aging Pentax K-5 family of DSLRs, which was originally introduced more than three years ago, in September 2010. Targeted mainly at advanced photographers and enthusiasts, the K-3's improved key specifications are now on par with (or better than) those of the Nikon D7100, its closest competitor within the DSLR realm. . .
Read more at: Pentax K-3 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

you can find more info and a link to the manual in the " Owner's Review "

Pentax K-3 - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Generally speaking, the K 3 is well regarded
07-22-2020, 01:43 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland, I'm not familiar with the K3 but a wheel that's sticky doesn't sound right to me.

07-22-2020, 01:57 AM   #5

Original Poster
Greetings from Ireland!

Thanks, Guys

Will try a new thread.