Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #1

Lurked.......and now joined!

Hi all,

I have actually been lurking here for some considerable while but have now taken the plunge - not before time!!

I have been a Pentax user since 1963 (SV and S1a) and have also used Leica (M3) and Nikon (FM3a) in the intervening years. Was fantatic about photography since first learning to d&p at school and continued for many years - at times managing to earn a living at it.

Life, the responsibilities of marriage and raising children became greater priorities (surely a common tale?) and now I also have 4 grandchildren - so photography somehow faded into the background........aside from the usual family shots.

I still have my original S1a, together with a Program A that was an impulse buy, and have recently done the sticky mirror and incomplete shutter repairs on the S1a and will shortly undertake the light seal replacement on both.....oh yes, it’s still film for me!!

My eldest grandson (16) is getting into photography now - though digital, which is something I’d love to be able to explore with him......even though his parents bought him a Nikon(ooops!!).

I’m sure that I will be looking for help with the mysteries of digital and I’m certain that the resident experts will come up with solutions in the skilled and friendly way that I’ve found here in my lurker past.

Take care,
Mike

07-21-2020, 09:07 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Mike, welcome from Australia.
07-21-2020, 06:23 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum (officially)!
07-22-2020, 01:45 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by TheVitalEye Quote
but have now taken the plunge
Welcome to the forum and good for you.

07-22-2020, 03:35 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forums

You will find friendly members and knowledge here