Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2020, 08:38 AM   #1

Pentax 67ii L-Bracket - any ideas...??

Hello all,

My name is Tom Hull, I live in the UK and I'm another newbie on here, thanks for having me! I'm wondering whether any of you might have ever come across this now-discontinued L-bracket from Kirk..??

Kirk BL-6X7II Compact L-Bracket for Pentax 6X7 II Camera

I've been trying to find a solution to this and all the current and contemporary L-brackets are much more fussy than this old custom one.

I would LOVE to get my hands on one of these, anyone any clues as to where I might find one on a dusty basement shelf somewhere...??!!

All the best.
Tom

Attached Images

07-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Tom, welcome from Australia.
07-23-2020, 02:01 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland, have you actually spoken to Kirk direct? I've always found them to super helpful... might be worth a wee quick email.
07-24-2020, 12:37 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hey man, yeah I spoke to one of their reps called Dawn via email yesterday, but as I didn’t know long it had been discontinued, she just explained to me that they simply didn’t have any dead-stock any more.

Such a shame, why try evolve what was already the perfect tool. Their new iterations are, for me, a very clunky attempt at trying to make something more universal, allowing a bracket that would fit a P67 to then also be used on another camera, so not just single use.

In doing so, you need a base plate, attached to a universal l-bracket which has a huge potential with adjustments knob on it, which then fits into the tripod-head clamp. It’s so overthought. Custom brackets are so much nicer, but just doesn’t seem like I’ll have any luck annoyingly!

Cheers anyway dude, hope all well up in Scotland

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland, have you actually spoken to Kirk direct? I've always found them to super helpful... might be worth a wee quick email.