Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago   #1
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Hi from North Carolina

My name is Kevin,Pentax was my first camera in 1982, the ME SUPER, and as I have seen on here there's some people that know quite a few things about the Pentax. I love the old cameras even more so Pentax.

5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampstead, NC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,646
Welcome to the forums! I'm a recent immigrant to Hampstead, North Carolina from Ohio. The old cameras are a legendary and the newer cameras are superb. I shoot with a KP, K-50 and am expecting my "new to me" MX back from getting a CLA tomorrow.
5 Days Ago   #3
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Welcome to the forums! I'm a recent immigrant to Hampstead, North Carolina from Ohio. The old cameras are a legendary and the newer cameras are superb. I shoot with a KP, K-50 and am expecting my "new to me" MX back from getting a CLA tomorrow.
thanks for the welcome and hello oh, I love the MX and thinking about buying one. I love metal and plastic even though the newer products take extraordinary photographs
5 Days Ago   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,448
Hi there! Welcome! I have a question regarding some nice locations in NC) I was thinking to drive up there from GA, heard Maggie's Valley is awesome for landscape photos and trails. Would you say it's a good choice, or there's something even better? I have few days off work, wanted to drive a bit and hike up there

5 Days Ago   #5
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
pjv's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,047
Hi Kevin, welcome from Australia.
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Blue Ridge Escarpment, North Carolina, US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,772
Kevin, Welcome from up in Alleghany County, NC along the Blue Ridge Parkway. awscreo if you want some nice cycling on the BRP, the flattest section is from MP 217/VA border through Alleghany County. A triple might be your best bet on state roads though. Early morning during the first part of the week is best as the RV/motorcycle/gawkers start multiplying by Thursday PM
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,668
I like Transylvania county - fantastic waterfalls every direction you turn. https://www.transylvaniacounty.org/


Also Mt. Mitchell is pretty stunning. Mount Mitchell State Park | NC State Parks

The parkway near Little Switzerland has The Big Linn Lodge which has a cosy set of cabins and old time charm. If you go, breakfast and dinner is included and the owner is very friendly. Home| Big Lynn Lodge - Little Switzerland the website is a little clunky. I'd call and ask for a cabin. My wife and son visited in the past few weeks and the staff is pretty good on supporting social distancing for example all meals are available to go and they have multiple times for dinner seating with every other table blocked off to reduce crowding if that's of interest to you.

My pics from last year in and around the lodge and along the parkway.
Big Lynn Lodge April 2019 | Flickr
5 Days Ago   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,668
Oh and I live in the Charlotte area.

5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
microlight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 1,622
Hi Kevin, welcome from the UK. My son and his family live north of Charlotte (Mooresville) and we were due to visit in September - but not at the moment, unfortunately. Last time we were there we stayed in Little Switzerland, watching the sun go down as the fireflies rose from the grass in front of the cabins...
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #10
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,905
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #11
dlh
F.O.G. (fat old geezer)
Loyal Site Supporter
dlh's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern Piedmont of Virginia
Posts: 1,769
Howdy, neighbor! (from Va.)
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,448
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I like Transylvania county - fantastic waterfalls every direction you turn. https://www.transylvaniacounty.org/


Also Mt. Mitchell is pretty stunning. Mount Mitchell State Park | NC State Parks

The parkway near Little Switzerland has The Big Linn Lodge which has a cosy set of cabins and old time charm. If you go, breakfast and dinner is included and the owner is very friendly. Home| Big Lynn Lodge - Little Switzerland the website is a little clunky. I'd call and ask for a cabin. My wife and son visited in the past few weeks and the staff is pretty good on supporting social distancing for example all meals are available to go and they have multiple times for dinner seating with every other table blocked off to reduce crowding if that's of interest to you.

My pics from last year in and around the lodge and along the parkway.
Big Lynn Lodge April 2019 | Flickr
great, thanks for info! Looks like a nice place, and a nice lodge.
4 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,668
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
great, thanks for info! Looks like a nice place, and a nice lodge.
Hoyt runs the place along with Michelle. They're really nice people. Michelle is beautiful and has the most amazing eyes, I've not had the occasion to do a portrait of her but she would be a great subject if you could talk her into it.
3 Days Ago   #14
New Member




Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 10
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Hi there! Welcome! I have a question regarding some nice locations in NC) I was thinking to drive up there from GA, heard Maggie's Valley is awesome for landscape photos and trails. Would you say it's a good choice, or there's something even better? I have few days off work, wanted to drive a bit and hike up there
Maggie Valley is right especially during the Spring and Summer but can be crowded Asheboro is also a good place and plus there are a few haunted locations if you like that type of photography.

---------- Post added 08-01-20 at 07:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Kevin, welcome from Australia.
hello to the ones from Down Under! If a girl I'll follow on YouTube named simply Kel, love the accent

---------- Post added 08-01-20 at 07:39 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Kevin, Welcome from up in Alleghany County, NC along the Blue Ridge Parkway. awscreo if you want some nice cycling on the BRP, the flattest section is from MP 217/VA border through Alleghany County. A triple might be your best bet on state roads though. Early morning during the first part of the week is best as the RV/motorcycle/gawkers start multiplying by Thursday PM
I wish I could do that, but I'm a type 2 diabetic with congestive heart failure and edema. On the 4th of July after my left kidney has been hurting the day before found out that I have a 1.3 CM kidney stone oh yeah cancer too. I'm not as mobile as I used to be oh, but it does sound nice as I have always heard about the place

---------- Post added 08-01-20 at 07:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Hi Kevin, welcome from the UK. My son and his family live north of Charlotte (Mooresville) and we were due to visit in September - but not at the moment, unfortunately. Last time we were there we stayed in Little Switzerland, watching the sun go down as the fireflies rose from the grass in front of the cabins...
Hello to the UK... I have always wanted to go there to get some of the most iconic landscape shots that there is on this planet. Plus a few of the excellent historical and prehistoric landmarks
3 Days Ago   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,668
QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Hi Kevin, welcome from the UK. My son and his family live north of Charlotte (Mooresville) and we were due to visit in September - but not at the moment, unfortunately. Last time we were there we stayed in Little Switzerland, watching the sun go down as the fireflies rose from the grass in front of the cabins...
Did you stay at the big Lynn Lodge or elsewhere? Also does your son shoot Pentax?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
county, drive, kevin, kidney, landscape, locations, nc, pentax, post, type, valley
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from North Carolina! tb1956 Welcomes and Introductions 3 05-31-2019 02:21 PM
Hi from North Carolina! sudosiko Welcomes and Introductions 5 02-04-2010 10:25 AM
Hi You All...From North Carolina, USA PentX Girl Welcomes and Introductions 16 11-08-2009 09:17 AM
Hi from Raleigh, North Carolina!! arpaagent Welcomes and Introductions 5 12-01-2008 01:41 PM
Hi from North Carolina GateCityRadio Welcomes and Introductions 3 10-09-2008 08:56 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top