Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi y'all

I'm Nick from Arkansas. I'm waiting for my K100D to arrive, am moving up from p&s and iknow I'll really enjoy this camera. I shot film beginning in the 60's and am ready to get back to the SLR camera. Probably will be bugging everyone with lots of questions.

03-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick1946 Quote
I'm Nick from Arkansas. I'm waiting for my K100D to arrive, am moving up from p&s and iknow I'll really enjoy this camera. I shot film beginning in the 60's and am ready to get back to the SLR camera. Probably will be bugging everyone with lots of questions.
Hi Nick and welcome!
good to hear you made the move from a P&S to the K100. it is an awesome camera and a very capable one, easy to use yet has lots of flexability.
I am also relatively new to DSLR's, but there are tons of experence from all the great people on this site who are very eager to help.

good luck with you new camera and am looking forward to some of your photos!

cheers

randy
03-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums, Nick! I'll tell you straight off the bat, DSLR's react very different from a P&S and you may be overwhelmed by all the features. Nonetheless, you will have fun. Don't hesitate to post any questions you may have.

While you are waiting for your camera to arrive, you may want to browse through the owners manual. This link below is the Canadian version, but there are very little, if any, differences.

Pentax K100D Manual

Enjoy!
03-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Haha my GX-1L dslr manual is still in the packaging in pristine order. I spent so much time on DPR and DCR that I already learnt how to work the camera before I even got it.

Hey Nick. Oh you'll enjoy it. This is only the beginning as the KMount is the window of oppurtunity. Great lens options at every price point! From the old film classics to today's digital lenses.

Yup, feel free to ask questions about anything.

03-07-2007, 06:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nick welcome aboard and HOWDY!!!! have fun with your new toy. You have come to the right place for info on how to's. Don't forget to post some shots when your up and running.