Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-15-2020, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Minnesota

Hi all,
I'm a "born again" photographer and Pentaxian from the Twin Cities. Happy to be here and hope to meet some of you and swap stories, tips,tricks etc.

About me:
Male, 48yo. Began photographing at the age of 6 or 7 when my dad bought me a small point and shoot medium format 120mm Agfa Click iv (Agfa Click II ? More than perfect – Photography Blog Ueberlicht) in India. Each 6x6 film roll came with 12 official exposures, but if you were careful how you wound it (manual), sometimes you could squeeze 13 or 14 snaps out of one roll. Black and white. I was given a monthly allowance that covered the cost of 1 film, developing and printing 12 pictures. Taught me to be frugal and thoughtful about composing pictures before clicking the shutter. I still have that camera and hope to click some pictures with it. Over the years, I've owned several 35mm SLRs, 110mm cameras... I even forgot a nearly brand new Minolta 35mm SLR with lenses and all at Chicago O'Hares security x-ray and never saw it again

Fast forward to 2014. I bought a K5 ii-S when our daughter was born. I've been using it off and on, but with the COVID quarantine, have been clicking more and using it more, just to get out of the house. Its my primary camera now even though I have a couple of smaller point and shoot types. I've collected a few lenses and hope to meet some of you and learn more about shooting. I plan to shoot these topics: interesting faces, vintage cars, lighthouses, churches, planes and landscapes.

Best regards,
-z

Last edited by zeebanker; 08-15-2020 at 10:15 AM.
08-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums from a fellow Pentaxian in Robbinsdale.
I bike around Theo Worth Park most days with my camera. Went to Hidden Falls a couple weeks ago. The Twin Cities boasting the #1 and #2 best park systems in the country and Minnesota #2 for bird watching helps with social distance.
08-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums. I have a K-5IIs also, and it is capable of excellent images.
08-15-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome!
I live in Maine now but lived in St. Cloud for a number of my teenage years. The K-5IIs is a fine tool. We hope to see some of your images here.

08-15-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum !
08-16-2020, 02:02 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland.