Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2020, 03:11 PM - 4 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
New in the Pentax community

Hi everyone,

My name is Eric, Pentax user for 2 years now.

Right now I am volunteering in different programs for wildlife conservation, hoping to find a job one day as a photographer and also filmmaker!

For photography I will try to only use Pentax equipment because I really like them, even if I can not compare with others since I started photography with my K3ii and Pentax lenses.

I am happy to join this community to share my work and learn a lot from you guys, and when I will be able to help someone I will too!

Wish you the best shots ;-)

Rikoo Lah

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
08-20-2020, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Lovely image!
08-20-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and knowledge here
08-20-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Eric and great image to start with! Costa Rica is certainly a great place to shoot birds. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

08-21-2020, 10:24 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Welcome to the forum. Lovely image!
Thank you 🙏
08-21-2020, 10:31 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Welcome Eric and great image to start with! Costa Rica is certainly a great place to shoot birds. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Thank you so much �� Yes indeed , it’s a paradise for birdwatching, I love it! Unfortunately, I broke my telelens (55-300mm PLM version) 2 weeks ago so now I only have my 100mm macro so harder to shoot birds but there is so many wildlife here that I can take picture of!
I’ve planned to buy the same lens, back to France, next month and I am thinking about buying a used one. I have to say that I am afraid to do so but know a trustable website in Europe that I can trust?

Thank you so much
08-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #7
Closed Account

Hi Eric, welcome from Australia. Your excellent photograph is a testament to the weather resistant capabilities of Pentax gear. Well captured.

08-23-2020, 04:15 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, enjoy your time spent here with us all.
08-23-2020, 04:37 AM   #9
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rikoo Lah Quote
. . . .I’ve planned to buy the same lens, back to France, next month and I am thinking about buying a used one. I have to say that I am afraid to do so but know a trustable website in Europe that I can trust?

Thank you so much
you might check the forums' marketplace

you can sort it by region/country

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (EU) - PentaxForums.com

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (France) - PentaxForums.com

you might want to check out the D FA 150-450mm zoom and/or the DA * 300mm prime if you are looking at telephotos

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-23-2020 at 04:45 AM.
08-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Eric, welcome from Australia. Your excellent photograph is a testament to the weather resistant capabilities of Pentax gear. Well captured.
Thank you Peter for your feedback ☺️

---------- Post added 08-23-20 at 10:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
you might check the forums' marketplace

you can sort it by region/country

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (EU) - PentaxForums.com

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (France) - PentaxForums.com

you might want to check out the D FA 150-450mm zoom and/or the DA * 300mm prime if you are looking at telephotos
Thank you Allen,

Indeed I would love to have the DFA 150-450mm or the DA 300mm but not the same budget so may be I will be really nice and ask it for Xmas ;-)

I will check the market place

Have a goo day