Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2020, 09:11 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 3
Near Mint K2 DMD

My wife and I recently went thrift store shopping and I came across a K2 DMD priced at $2.99. It has hardly any brassing besides a little on the top. The lens is clear, it has socket plugs, I mean.. this had to have been in a closet for years because it looks almost brand new. I can't help but to think how much this could be worth. I saw an offer for $250 on eBay for the same model but much lower quality. Any thoughts?

09-13-2020, 10:57 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Mohave county Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 806
Not too familiar with this model, however welcome to the forum and here's a link to reviews.
Pentax K2 DMD - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
09-14-2020, 05:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampstead, NC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,892
QuoteOriginally posted by Astrofluke Quote
My wife and I recently went thrift store shopping and I came across a K2 DMD priced at $2.99. It has hardly any brassing besides a little on the top. The lens is clear, it has socket plugs, I mean.. this had to have been in a closet for years because it looks almost brand new. I can't help but to think how much this could be worth. I saw an offer for $250 on eBay for the same model but much lower quality. Any thoughts?
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on finding the camera. But don't get too excited about a price on ebay, unless it's a SOLD listing. Sellers list old cameras everyday for way more that they are worth trying to trick someone that doesn't do the research. Chances are with the age of the camera since the camera has not been used forever it will need a little maintenance like new light seals, etc to function properly. But right now film cameras are really selling and at higher prices than normal.

It may not be too popular of a camera on the forums since there are not that many reviews, but there are probably some users here. I would suggest taking some good photos of the camera from different angles and start a thread in the film camera discussion area, and ask questions about the K2 DMD. You'll probably find out some things about it. You may find that you'll want to buy some film and try it out.
09-14-2020, 05:51 AM   #4
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 3
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on finding the camera. But don't get too excited about a price on ebay, unless it's a SOLD listing. Sellers list old cameras everyday for way more that they are worth trying to trick someone that doesn't do the research. Chances are with the age of the camera since the camera has not been used forever it will need a little maintenance like new light seals, etc to function properly. But right now film cameras are really selling and at higher prices than normal.

It may not be too popular of a camera on the forums since there are not that many reviews, but there are probably some users here. I would suggest taking some good photos of the camera from different angles and start a thread in the film camera discussion area, and ask questions about the K2 DMD. You'll probably find out some things about it. You may find that you'll want to buy some film and try it out.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate the reply. I've replaced the batteries and the check-light seems to be working. So next on my agenda is going to a local camera shop and getting a couple of rolls. Fingers crossed!

09-14-2020, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Moe49's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz Mtns. USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 748
Great Score !
Even if you ultimately need to have that K2-DMD CLA'd, you stole it at 3 bucks.
09-15-2020, 05:04 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 49,881
Welcome to the forum enjoy all that it has to offer
09-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 6,838
QuoteOriginally posted by Astrofluke Quote
Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate the reply. I've replaced the batteries and the check-light seems to be working. So next on my agenda is going to a local camera shop and getting a couple of rolls. Fingers crossed!
Welcome to the forum! Make sure you check the ASA ring on your K2DMD, they tend to get stuck if they have been sitting for a long time. Check the K2 cameras manual, link below, on how to turn the ASA ring.

Pentax K2 Manual

Phil.
09-16-2020, 06:22 AM   #8
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 3
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Welcome to the forum! Make sure you check the ASA ring on your K2DMD, they tend to get stuck if they have been sitting for a long time. Check the K2 cameras manual, link below, on how to turn the ASA ring.

Pentax K2 Manual

Phil.
Thanks alot for your reply. I've checked the ASA ring and it rotates very smoothly. Also, I appreciate you linking the manual, I now have an idea what I'm working with *finally* lol

09-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ChrisPlatt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rockaway Beach NYC
Posts: 6,340
I'll take a dozen @ $2.99!

Chris
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dmd, k2, k2 dmd
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K2 DMD - Could not believe it! Phyllis Pentax Film SLR Discussion 16 05-06-2019 04:38 PM
Please help with repair of K2 DMD jnd Pentax Film SLR Discussion 4 10-23-2018 01:05 AM
For Sale - Sold: Film cameras for sale : Pentax K2 , K2 DMD, MZ-S, Contax 137 MA, Bessa R2 GPZ Sold Items 18 10-04-2017 07:36 PM
? K2 K2-DMD focus screens Moe49 Pentax Film SLR Discussion 4 10-18-2010 06:25 AM
Near Mint K2 DMD gofour3 Pentax Film SLR Discussion 9 08-14-2009 02:29 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top