Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2020, 11:23 PM - 4 Likes   #1

Hello from a K100D user ^-^

I've gotten a K100D as a gift, and as my first DSLR! I adore it and I've been using it for a few months now I have a lot to learn, but here are a few shots I am quite proud of

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
10-05-2020, 12:37 AM   #2

Great shots, Cara. And welcome to the forum!
(especially love the Hummingbird picture)!
10-05-2020, 04:53 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Adelaide, South Australia: Don't tell anyone how good it is, please.
Photos: Albums
Hi Cara, you've got some great colours going on there: Nice Job.

I'm a *ist DL2 user, so pixel poor like the K100D: But I did buy a K100D on ebay the other day, awaiting it's arrival.

I've found the crew here really friendly, and I can't spend way too many hours browsing threads.

I'm sure you'll have fun too.
10-05-2020, 07:07 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy your photography the Pentax way

10-05-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome.
The k100d is a nice little camera with the ccd sensor. I still pick mine up occassionally. The only two modern things I wish it had were at least 12MP and a seperate shutter wheel.
I really like the bird photo also and I can't help but miss those ccd colors that you get to play with. Great job.
10-05-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

these charts can be helpful:

QuoteQuote:
Pentax K-mount Lens Compatibility Chart
Copyright 2006-2020 Mosphotos.com. All rights reserved.

Pentax bayonet lenses labeled "SMC Pentax" are referred to as "K" lenses in the table below. Other Pentax bayonet lenses have the lens designation as a part of their name as in "SMC Pentax-FA".
Note that "star" lenses work like their "non-star" counterparts unless they are singled out in the table below. So for compatibility of a DA* lens which is not singled out, look under DA lenses, etc.
Exceptions: FA and F "soft" lenses behave like M lenses in terms of metering.

Check this page out for more on the Pentax lens nomenclature: Pentax lens series explained.
The Pentax K-mount Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

QuoteQuote:
Pentax K-Mount Lens Series Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

In a nutshell
There are several series of Pentax K-mount lenses; the ones currently being produced include the DA (digital), DA L (cheap digital kit), D FA (full-frame, digital optimized), and FA (full-frame) series. While all Pentax K-mount lenses ever produced are compatible with all current Pentax DSLRs (in some cases with restrictions in that not all exposure modes of the camera are supported by old lenses), there are significant differences between each lens series and each has different features. Furthermore some of the newer lenses do not work with older cameras. We'll be exploring the differences between the various K-mount series lenses in this article. Read more about specific K-mount lens/camera compatibility here.
Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series
10-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.