Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2020, 10:26 PM   #1

Neville Green

Hi I am from Durban South Africa and I inherited vintage Pentax equipment from my late dad. He used it from the 60s to the 80's and after placing it online for sale the Takumar 85mm SMC lens seems to be in demand. I am not sure of the value so would appreciate some guidance as to what price I could negotiate.Many thanks

10-11-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Hello Neville and welcome to the forum. 85mm SMC Takumar is indeed a fine lens, which explains the demand. The value is difficult to precisely assess, as that depends on where you're selling (locally, eBay, here on the forum). From my experience, looking at eBay's list of sold items and/or history of sales in forum's marketplace is a good indicator.
10-12-2020, 09:28 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi Neville. Welcome to the forum from another Durb's boikie. @BarneyL gave sound advice on where to check for relative value.
Best.
10-13-2020, 04:52 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your sales

10-14-2020, 01:45 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie Victor Quote
Hi Neville. Welcome to the forum from another Durb's boikie. @BarneyL gave sound advice on where to check for relative value.
Best.
Hi Charlie ..good to hear from a fellow Durbanite!Thanks for your friendly response. Do you know of any Pentax fundi in Durban who could physically look at my equipment and give a genuine value of the items? Camera shops like Whysalls just dont seem to exist anymore to get advice.Many thanks
10-14-2020, 01:46 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Many thanks...an amazing website this forum!

---------- Post added 10-14-20 at 01:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
Hello Neville and welcome to the forum. 85mm SMC Takumar is indeed a fine lens, which explains the demand. The value is difficult to precisely assess, as that depends on where you're selling (locally, eBay, here on the forum). From my experience, looking at eBay's list of sold items and/or history of sales in forum's marketplace is a good indicator.
Many thanks Barney - your advice is much appreciated. Have never used ebay before- just used Gumtree here in SA-do you suggest that one or do you have other ones you could recommend? Great forum -thank you!

---------- Post added 10-14-20 at 01:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Many thanks and I appreciate your well wishes! What a fantastic forum- well done!
10-14-2020, 09:36 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Neville Green Quote
Hi Charlie ..good to hear from a fellow Durbanite!Thanks for your friendly response. Do you know of any Pentax fundi in Durban who could physically look at my equipment and give a genuine value of the items? Camera shops like Whysalls just dont seem to exist anymore to get advice.Many thanks
Unfortunately I do not know any Pentax fundi's in Durban that will be able to help. You can check Bidorbuy in SA or Ebay and Amazon internationally to get a rough idea of the going prices for your equipment.
Best.