Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2020, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #1

I need help with a lens i bought

Hi, this is my first post on the forum.
i recently bought a soligor super fisheye 0,25x at a seccond hand market for 10$ and i dont know what i need to make it work, i have a pentax k1000. any advice

the photo of the fox is because i want to test how this forum works

Attached Images

10-17-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forum!

a photo of the lens at issue always helps; from what you've explained, it sounds like a typical fisheye adapter that goes on the end of another lens....
10-17-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! It sounds like what you have is an adapter that screws onto the filter thread of a lens such as a 50mm standard lens or kit zoom lens.

Here is the best picture I could find of one in use.

10-17-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agree with the above and if that is the case they you need to find out what the filter threads on the fisheye are. They likely marked someplace with a number such as 49mm or 58mm, something like that. Then you need to find out what the filter threads on your lens are. For the K1000 with the standard lens that might be 49mm. If both of those match then just screw the fisheye on. If not you will need adapter rings to make it work.

10-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The .25x typically means it expands the field of view to be something like what a lens with 1/4 the focal length would give ( around 180 degree fisheye at 18mm ) also of interest three type of converter (wife or tele) that attaches to the front of a lens does not change the maximum f stop because the apparent diameter of the entrance pupil changes as well making the f stop remain unchanged. Optical quality varies dramatically... And many wide angle and fisheye adapters vignette because they aren't optically up to the demands.
10-20-2020, 03:39 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hopefully the replies you’ve received already will have helped you.