Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #1

Not sure how to use this site.

I am not sure how this forum works. I have been shooting with Pentax cameras for several years and am looking forward to learning from other site users.

11-02-2020, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. It works extremely well - some members make frequent contributions, others less so, but any questions are answered factually and helpfully, often with a little humour, and advice is freely given. There are opportunities to post photos, and to comment on other pepole's work. Equipment is given in-depth reviews (which have help me make informed decisions as to what to buy), and there are also warnings when necessary about issues that others have experienced. In short, the forum is what you make it.
11-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Just go to any thread that interests you, and post replies, if you wish. If you have a question regarding something, start a thread in the appropriate forum. This is one of the easiest, friendliest sites you will ever find!
11-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I usually go to "The Latest" at the top right corner and then click on 'Today's threads' to find the activity. Then you can post in those threads with your opinion or ideas.

11-02-2020, 11:21 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This forum looks to work the same as any other forum. I'm somewhat new as well, but from what I've seen so far, just use it the best you can. If you post in the wrong section or something, the mods seem to be good at helpfully correcting you and not jumping down your throat.

Last edited by Mooncatt; 05-10-2021 at 01:59 PM.
11-02-2020, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TRbyG Quote
I am not sure how this forum works. I have been shooting with Pentax cameras for several years and am looking forward to learning from other site users.
Welcome to the forum,

Start by telling us what equipment you have. Many cameras and lenses have "clubs" where we discuss the lenses and cameras and post pictures.

For example, if you own a K-3 and a DA 18-135 there are two clubs of interest.
K3 sample shots ... post here ! - Page 755 - PentaxForums.com
DA 18-135 WR, Show us what it can do - Page 50 - PentaxForums.com

Look for the lenses you own in the Lens Clubs
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/

Thematic threads should also be of interest in the Mini-Challenges and Games page.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/

LIke sunsets? (Everyone likes Sunsets.)
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/2...nsets-167.html

These threads are full of examples of how people use their cameras. Similar threads exist for many other combos, lenses and Cameras. It's good to keep up with the things others are doing with the equipment you own.

Reliable problem solving is another area. Whatever camera you have you can find it here
Pentax Digital Cameras and Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

A question posted in one of those camera categories will get you in touch with other users of your camera.

The lens review system lets you read what others have said about lenses you may own, or ones you might be thinking of purchasing,
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Post Your Photos is a nice non-specific forum, where people often post the best of what they've recently captured and great place to start a day's browsing.
Post Your Photos! - PentaxForums.com

"Why I won't buy a K-3" is the place where you go just to hang out, and forget about cameras, to talk about beer, bacon, cheese, bag pipes, cars or whatever pops into anyone's head.
why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread) - Page 5438 - PentaxForums.com

Hope that helps.

Last edited by normhead; 11-02-2020 at 11:56 AM.
11-02-2020, 12:00 PM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

I see you have listed several cameras in your profile

QuoteQuote:
Pentax Cameras
K-3, K-r, K10D
you can also list your lenses there if you wish

you can go to " Cameras" above to find owners' reviews and in depth reviews of those cameras

Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Pentax Digital Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

in the owners' reviews should be links to the in depth reviews and manuals

you can also consider buying the E book for the K 3

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?ebooks=1&loginrequired=1

looking forward to whatever contributions if any you choose to make to the forums

and above all have fun with your photography

11-02-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Looking at your profile

A few more suggestions

Forest-walks_Lichen-Fungi-Moss-dead-leaves - Page 132 - PentaxForums.com

Camping photos - Page 9 - PentaxForums.com

And from one of my own personal trips...
A few shots from our 19 Day summer canoe trip, and a link to Tess's trip report. - PentaxForums.com
11-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Norm's given you a great rundown. I'll just say: Welcome!

aotearoa
11-02-2020, 02:35 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

It works great.... click around and discover everything........ if you have a ton of time you will need it.

The forums have a ton of information, help, guides, and members who are all willing to answer questions.

Enjoy.
11-02-2020, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #11
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums, from Australia. Norm has given you some good pointers. Just post where you have a comment to make, 'like' the images (or posts) that you like, and you will quickly become one of the gang (about 70,000 strong). You will soon find that there are others who post on similar threads and before long you will feel that you know them as friends - no matter where in the world they may be.
11-02-2020, 03:24 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A lot of good advice and comments here for you. Can also make some friends here.
11-04-2020, 03:10 AM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
11-09-2020, 05:10 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum, TRbyG! Others have already made useful suggestions, so I'll leave it at that.
11-09-2020, 06:29 PM   #15

Greetings and welcome from Berlin.