Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
11-12-2020, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jllaurado Quote
Hi, i recently bought an used Pentax k-m to give a try to the brand, coming from Canon and Olympus. The camera was in excelent condition and so far i´m using it more often that i expected; i love the ergonomics, the features (even for such a simple model) and how well it nails the exposure every time. Also i wanted to try a CCD sensor model as i heard of the good color reproduction. It´s heavy on batteries but following some advices i read here i bought eneloop batteries which perform brilliantly.
I have been using Luminar to process the PEF files, but a few weeks ago something happened (maybe a Win 10 upgrade was the reason) and all the files i load from this camera show up green, like if the program is ignoring the other color channels, and this only happens to the PEF files. So i´m using Darktable now while the problem gets solved.
i´m a bit concerned on the decision by Pentax to ignore the mirrorless "hype" but i´m really impressed by the quality of its products, so i´m considering investing in a better and newer model.
Welcome to the forum. I think you have the right end of the stick when you call mirrorless "hype".

11-12-2020, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Berlin!