Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2020, 02:34 AM - 1 Like   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Welcome to gods own country did you shoot raw or jpeg on the Fuji? Now, what you need is a decent m42 adapter, then you can go nuts like the rest of us. once you start buying Takumars you will never look back
It's great to be here! Used to always shoot RAW on the Fuj. Never even considered converting k to M42 but it seems obvious thinking about it that this must have been vital when Pentax took over the K Mount. Time to go searching for Tukumars and radioactive russian glass!!!

---------- Post added 11-13-20 at 02:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
opps

Read more at: Pentax KX - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Pentax Film SLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com

[ I had started to reference the SLR section but then got confused, my bad ]

No worries! That DSLR K-X made searching for any reviews of the film KX somewhat tricky! I've been into the serial number section and adding mine in and the sellers description... just waiting for it to arrive now.

11-13-2020, 02:38 AM - 2 Likes   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
a black KX is on my to buy list
I've gone with black too. So classy!

This one to be precise...
Attached Images

11-13-2020, 02:41 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mrginger Quote
Oh man, that is very nice, very nice indeed. If I come across one like that I'll be pleased.
11-13-2020, 05:43 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That camera really looks classy mrginger. I reckon you have done really well there.

11-13-2020, 05:50 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Welcome.
11-13-2020, 06:42 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Welcome.
11-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum.

The KX is a very nice camera, for some it's the best film 35mm SLR Pentax ever made. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

11-13-2020, 08:23 AM   #23

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Look forward to sharing some pictures from my first couple of rolls, patiently sat waiting on the desk!
11-13-2020, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's great to be here! Used to always shoot RAW on the Fuj. Never even considered converting k to M42 but it seems obvious thinking about it that this must have been vital when Pentax took over the K Mount. Time to go searching for Tukumars and radioactive russian glass!!!
Grab yourself a 35mm f3.5. A nice cheap place to start and what a lovely little lens. If you are using M42 on anything digital, it is always worth looking at preset lenses or ones with an A/M lever. 100% auto things like the Helios 44-4 are wide open unless you have a flanged adapter that presses in the pin, then, the problem is, the viewfinder is dark at anything smaller than f5.3. Have a look at auto yashinon/chinon/revuenon 55mm (5.5cm) f1.7/8 as they are Tomioka lenses and are fabulous, also, worth considering is the mamiya sekor 50mm f2. Watch some of the slightly newer Yashica M42 lenses (DX) as they can foul the mirror on K mount. One tip, you can often get someones old camera kit cheaper than buying lenses individually. Have a look at Edixa cameras as they have some interesting German M42s on board (isco Göttingen, steinheil munchen, Schneider kreuznach, e Ludwig, Zeiss). As for russians, they are mostly Zeiss copies. you must get a Helios 44-2, (Biotar) its the law, the mir 1b 35mm (flektogon) is particularly sweet, also look out for a 135mm Tair 11a or failing that, the slower but still solid, Jupiter 11a. There is also a lovely Jupiter 85mm which is excellent for portraits, just make sure you get the right version. The one that looks like a chrome toilet roll sleeve isn't compatible with M42. One final word of warning, lens buying addiction is real! There are folders containing images on my flickr account. I am not the worlds greatest photographer but it will give you an idea
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cerebum/albums
11-13-2020, 09:19 AM   #25

Original Poster
Grab yourself a 35mm f3.5. A nice cheap place to start and what a lovely little lens. If you are using M42 on anything digital, it is always worth looking at preset lenses or ones with an A/M lever. 100% auto things like the Helios 44-4 are wide open unless you have a flanged adapter that presses in the pin, then, the problem is, the viewfinder is dark at anything smaller than f5.3. Have a look at auto yashinon/chinon/revuenon 55mm (5.5cm) f1.7/8 as they are Tomioka lenses and are fabulous, also, worth considering is the mamiya sekor 50mm f2. Watch some of the slightly newer Yashica M42 lenses (DX) as they can foul the mirror on K mount. One tip, you can often get someones old camera kit cheaper than buying lenses individually. Have a look at Edixa cameras as they have some interesting German M42s on board (isco Göttingen, steinheil munchen, Schneider kreuznach, e Ludwig, Zeiss). As for russians, they are mostly Zeiss copies. you must get a Helios 44-2, (Biotar) its the law, the mir 1b 35mm (flektogon) is particularly sweet, also look out for a 135mm Tair 11a or failing that, the slower but still solid, Jupiter 11a. There is also a lovely Jupiter 85mm which is excellent for portraits, just make sure you get the right version. The one that looks like a chrome toilet roll sleeve isn't compatible with M42. One final word of warning, lens buying addiction is real! There are folders containing images on my flickr account. I am not the worlds greatest photographer but it will give you an idea
Peter Kay?s albums | Flickr
I churned through quite a bit of diferent kit in recent years and I've had a stern word with myself not to get carried away again. The theory is the Pentax-A 55 1.8 on the KX around my neck for trying various film emulsions, and the Q on a spiderlight clip hanging off my belt. 28mm and 50(ish)mm are my go tos and other than some volunteered work for charities, this is just for fun and creative escapism from IT work. Although why I'm already eyeing up K 85 1.4's on Ebay I'll never know!

---------- Post added 11-13-20 at 09:41 AM ----------

Peter Kay?s albums | Flickr
Gave you a follow on Flickr. Very useful set of Albums you've got there, I'll have a proper look through later. Thanks

Dan Le Brun?s albums | Flickr

p.s. and spot the obvious mistake in my previous reply, meant to say Pentax K 55 1.8
11-14-2020, 02:03 AM   #26
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time spent here with us all
11-14-2020, 09:44 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Ooh that black KX looks absolutely gorgeous. Welcome!
11-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It is not nice to incite jealousy on the forums!

Just kidding! That looks to be a sweet purchase.

Steve
11-14-2020, 05:09 PM   #29

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum!
11-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Very nice indeed!