Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-18-2020, 05:19 PM   #16
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

QuoteOriginally posted by rcrail Quote
Well, I did it........only took me 14 years. I've monitored and visited PF since its inception but never joined. . . .
they do say that good things come to those who wait

QuoteQuote:
, , , I feel just about ready to upgrade probably to a Kp thinking the K3iii is more than I need. . . .
and perhaps you should buckle up, some of us like to give opinions on how you should spend your money on gear

K 3 III vs. KP vs. K3 II

Pentax K-3 III vs. Pentax KP vs. Pentax K-3 II - Pentax Camera Comparison - PentaxForums.com

11-19-2020, 01:49 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum from Berlin!
11-19-2020, 03:56 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Welcome!
11-19-2020, 05:24 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I've receive much enjoyment from the Kr and in many ways I am still learning how to capture the perfect landscape or wildlife photo. Seems like I've reread the manual a 100 times, read many Forum posts and experimented to fine the sweet spots in the zoom lenses and get the most out of the 200mm prime, a gem, and even the mirror lens.

I feel just about ready to upgrade probably to a Kp thinking the K3iii is more than I need.
As said before better late than never. You will love the KP, said by a very happy KP owner. I have had my KP for 2 years and just love the camera, but don't think it's limited by not being the most expensive. There are still things I'm learning about it that I have not used. I read about different things here in the forum then try them out.

I kept your paragraph about still learning in the quote, because, that will probably never change. But a one thing you can do at this forum is rapidly speed up the learning. Some of the great tools for this are the Weekly Photo Challenges. They all challenge you so post a photo from a suggested theme. In project 53 you are given a theme and a week to take the photo, the current challenge is Colour: Colorful/Vibrant. You can really learn from these because first you see what the others did, and it may force you to take some different kind of photo than normal. There is also the monthly challenges, games, etc. Just go to that section and see all of the different things. I'm participating in the Daily Challenge this month, where you take a photo every day, post one, and everybody in the challenge comments on them, it's a way to make sure you get the camera out on a day when maybe nothing is happening, so you have get a little creative sometimes. On thiose days it's not always a very good photo, but on some of them you might surprise yourself.

Again welcome

11-19-2020, 06:06 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum from Berlin!
11-25-2020, 12:45 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Well, I did it........only took me 14 years. I've monitored and visited PF since its inception but never joined. No real explanation other than being busy with a career.

I have owned only 2 cameras: my first was purchased in 1966 - Spotmatic. Along the way the 50mm lens was joined with a 200mm prime, a Soligor 28mm and a Toyo mirro 500mm. The gear served me well and I developed a lot of my film. In 2010 I joined the digital world with the purchase a Kr with 2 kit zoom lenses at which time the Spotmatic along with the 50mm and 28mm lens and developing equipment were donated to my high school ( somewhat regret not keeping the 50mm lens).

I've receive much enjoyment from the Kr and in many ways I am still learning how to capture the perfect landscape or wildlife photo. Seems like I've reread the manual a 100 times, read many Forum posts and experimented to fine the sweet spots in the zoom lenses and get the most out of the 200mm prime, a gem, and even the mirror lens.

I feel just about ready to upgrade probably to a Kp thinking the K3iii is more than I need.
I think that's going to happen to a lot of folks - the K-3 III will drive a lot of sales of the KP.

Welcome to the forum!