Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-20-2020, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #16

Original Poster
Many thanks for the welcome.I appreciate it.I came to Pentax when the penny finally dropped that Sony were not keen on A-mount cameras anymore.I had a good selection of Minolta lenses that were wonderful (and cheap) that had become defunct unless I was prepared to use an adapter - not for me.So I took a look around and the large collection of Legacy glass and the "Astrotracer" function got me here.
My problems with the menu structure are,probably, nothing more than lack of familiarity.Already things are improving.I took the advice of one Pentaxian to make use of "Extra sharpness" which improved image quality enormously.I also found out from another about TAv mode.Wow! A revelation.I am now wading through information on Astro.There's a lot.But I must say thatMossyRocks thread for newcomers is invaluable.
I hope to share some images soon.Once again,Thanks for the welcome.I'll also be heading over to the KiwiPentaxians group.Cheers,Gerry.

Last edited by Kick Start; 11-20-2020 at 07:03 PM.
11-20-2020, 01:55 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Rome, It
11-20-2020, 05:53 PM   #18

Welcome to the forum from Berlin!
11-26-2020, 06:20 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kick Start Quote
Hi all.I have been lurking around here for a while to help make my mind up about my latest camera.After several months I finally took the plunge and got myself the K-70.The camera has performed well so far in spite of the fact that "to me" the menu system is totally different to Canon,Olympus and Sony(I have cameras from these manufacturers.)
I've had some mighty strange results thus far but through trial and error and the Pentax Forum Search Function I'm making progress.So thanks everyone for the help so far and I'm glad to be here - feels like home,already.

Cheers Everyone,
Gerry.
Welcome to the forum, Gerry!

11-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #20

Welcome from Berlin.
11-26-2020, 02:24 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kick Start Quote
Hi all.I have been lurking around here for a while to help make my mind up about my latest camera.After several months I finally took the plunge and got myself the K-70.The camera has performed well so far in spite of the fact that "to me" the menu system is totally different to Canon,Olympus and Sony(I have cameras from these manufacturers.)
I've had some mighty strange results thus far but through trial and error and the Pentax Forum Search Function I'm making progress.So thanks everyone for the help so far and I'm glad to be here - feels like home,already.

Cheers Everyone,
Gerry.

I’ve found the menu can be different among cameras even in the same brand. I recently upgraded from a K-x to a K70 and there is a significant difference. Of course there is a significant difference in the capabilities between the two models, too.
11-27-2020, 02:18 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
I’ve found the menu can be different among cameras even in the same brand. I recently upgraded from a K-x to a K70 and there is a significant difference. Of course there is a significant difference in the capabilities between the two models, too.
Did you find any fine AF results difference when you used the lenses from K-x to K-70? Just curious to know.

11-27-2020, 07:35 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome from Tennessee!
11-27-2020, 08:05 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by haroon88 Quote
Did you find any fine AF results difference when you used the lenses from K-x to K-70? Just curious to know.
bout the K70,

Honestly, no. I did note a much improved resolution and thus an improved clarity in photos both on my monitor and when printed. I'm still getting accustomed to the controls and the menus. I am contemplating getting the e-book from this forum about the K70, It looks to be a very complete and informative description and guide.