Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #1

Newbie from New Zealand.

Hi all.I have been lurking around here for a while to help make my mind up about my latest camera.After several months I finally took the plunge and got myself the K-70.The camera has performed well so far in spite of the fact that "to me" the menu system is totally different to Canon,Olympus and Sony(I have cameras from these manufacturers.)
I've had some mighty strange results thus far but through trial and error and the Pentax Forum Search Function I'm making progress.So thanks everyone for the help so far and I'm glad to be here - feels like home,already.

Cheers Everyone,
Gerry.

11-18-2020, 08:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, in case you didn't know, you can download the user manual in PDF, which is searchable and a lot easier to find things in. Pentax has such an intuitive menu on the cameras and not so intuitive in the user manuals. I even have the pdf on my phone, I don't think I've used it there, but just in case.

I think once you get a little bit used to the menus you will be fine, you'll find a lot of settings on the info button etc, and there is customization available for many buttons. You'll rarely need the menu after getting everything set up where you want it.
11-18-2020, 09:13 PM   #3
Closed Account

Hi Gerry, welcome from the " West Island." Check out the thread below mate..........

Kiwi Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com
11-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Gerry. Good morning from Greece. The K-70 is a great camera. Have fun with it!

11-19-2020, 01:10 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome the search function is brilliant but don't be afraid to ask questions. There is always someone happy to answer at length we have experts in every field on here
11-19-2020, 01:16 AM   #6
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Gerry, welcome to the forum. You would be very welcome to become involved in the discussions on the Kiwi thread too.

Cheers

Ross
11-19-2020, 01:49 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum from Berlin!

11-19-2020, 01:51 AM   #8
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome the the Forums from "across the ditch".
11-19-2020, 02:25 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Welcome.
11-19-2020, 02:42 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kick Start Quote
Hi all.I have been lurking around here for a while to help make my mind up about my latest camera.After several months I finally took the plunge and got myself the K-70.The camera has performed well so far in spite of the fact that "to me" the menu system is totally different to Canon,Olympus and Sony(I have cameras from these manufacturers.)
I've had some mighty strange results thus far but through trial and error and the Pentax Forum Search Function I'm making progress.So thanks everyone for the help so far and I'm glad to be here - feels like home,already.

Cheers Everyone,
Gerry.
Welcome to the forum! So which menu system do you actually prefer? I know Nikon a little as my son has one, but not Canon or Sony. It would be interesting to hear your views.
11-19-2020, 03:34 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Gerry, welcome from the Extremely North West Island, aka the Land of the Dark Wet Cloud!
11-19-2020, 05:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Welcome.
11-20-2020, 04:24 AM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that it has to offer
11-20-2020, 04:40 AM   #14
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

the links to the K 70 manual and the " owners' " and " in depth " reviews can be found here:

Pentax K-70 - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

you might also consider buying the ebook

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?ebooks=1&loginrequired=1#sub18
11-20-2020, 09:45 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kick Start Quote

Cheers Everyone,
Gerry.
Welcome, Gerry. Happy to have another K70 user here. Look forward to seeing some of your work from it.