Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2020, 07:02 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hi!

Hi everybody!

My name is Matti and I am from Finland. About 40 years ago photography was one of my hoppies. I had two Pentax-cameras, MG and Super A and I shot mostly slides. Then I grew older and other interests took more place.

In the beginng of the digital area I bought 7,2 megapixel Sony compact camera and it was enough a couple of years. Then I bought entry level Pentax K-2000 and was very delighted, because all my old lenses were still usable. After some years I bought K-X because of its video option and now I’m planning to buy K-70. Alternatives are K-S2 and K-3. I’m not very much technology oriented and I think I have still learning to do with my old Pentax-cameras, but I feel a new camera would give a new startkick for my hobby.

I have considered between new and old... Let’s see...

Matti

11-19-2020, 07:49 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums, Matti! You will find many welcoming and helpful people here, and lots of information to help you make your decision.
11-19-2020, 12:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum! Well, if you're considering a K-70 you'll be pleased to know that your old K-mount lenses will work perfectly. So you can kick off your hobby once more whilst combining it with some of your past!
11-19-2020, 12:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Matti Quote
Hi everybody!

My name is Matti and I am from Finland. About 40 years ago photography was one of my hoppies. I had two Pentax-cameras, MG and Super A and I shot mostly slides. Then I grew older and other interests took more place.

In the beginng of the digital area I bought 7,2 megapixel Sony compact camera and it was enough a couple of years. Then I bought entry level Pentax K-2000 and was very delighted, because all my old lenses were still usable. After some years I bought K-X because of its video option and now I’m planning to buy K-70. Alternatives are K-S2 and K-3. I’m not very much technology oriented and I think I have still learning to do with my old Pentax-cameras, but I feel a new camera would give a new startkick for my hobby.

Matti
No nythä sie pääsit oikeelle kanavalle.

Welcome Matti,

Can't say much about K-70, but there must be a lot of info on this forum about that camera.

Digital will give a nice kickstart for sure and old pentax lenses will work with out any problems at all.

11-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #5
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums from Australia, Matti. Good luck choosing your next body. I am a bit biased, but I would say a lightly-used K-3 would be a good choice. There are quite a few members from Finland here. They may have some ideas. But you may have found them already.
11-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome
11-19-2020, 05:07 PM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

how lucky do you feel, can you wait a little bit before buying your next Pentax?

there is a contest for a K 70, 5 posts per day gets you a raffle ticket

QuoteQuote:
Get ready for a November giveaway & December lens tournament!
It's been a while since our last camera giveaway, so I'd say is certainly time for another one!

Our next giveaway will be very simple: throughout the month of November, every day you make 5 or more forum posts, you can claim 1 raffle ticket. At the end of the month, we will draw a winner based on those entries. Our new 2020 T-shirts (which should become available next week) will be sent to a few runner-ups.

Then, in December, we will revisit our "Greatest Pentax Lens of All Time" tournament in a new & more engaging format. And why not give away a copy of whatever lens wins in early 2021?

The November giveaway will go live this Sunday, so please stay tuned!

Edit: enter below!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/414571-pentax-k-70...e-per-day.html
Read more at: Get ready for a November giveaway & December lens tournament! - Page 8 - PentaxForums.com

11-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum from Berlin!
11-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Matti!
K2000 was my first DSLR too, really enjoyed that little camera and was blown away with the shake reduction using my old Tamron 80-210 with 2x converter...
11-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #10
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Matti Quote
Hi everybody!

Matti
here is the forums' side by side comparison tool:

Pentax K-70 vs. Pentax K-3 II vs. Pentax K-S2 vs. Pentax K-3 - Pentax Camera Comparison - PentaxForums.com
11-20-2020, 04:25 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
11-20-2020, 04:33 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Welcome!
11-20-2020, 05:35 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you all for your greetings! It seems to be very helpful people here.

I’m not in any hurry to buy K-70... Maybe it is the simplest to buy a new one here in Finland. The cheapest Finnish offer so far is 649 euros. There are one used (shutter count 8000) in Canada and with delivery and taxes it would cost 460 euros. So if I buy a used camera I get - or almost get - also a used WR lense as the same price which I would pay if I buy a new camera here in Finland.
11-20-2020, 05:36 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Welcome.
11-20-2020, 05:45 AM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
Those are just the cameras I am considering. First thought was to buy K-S2, but then I started to read tests and user reports and thoughts changed. There’s a K-S2 offer here in Finland: with 18-50 WR kit lense 599 euros.

---------- Post added 11-20-20 at 05:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RobSpain Quote
Welcome to the forum! Well, if you're considering a K-70 you'll be pleased to know that your old K-mount lenses will work perfectly. So you can kick off your hobby once more whilst combining it with some of your past!
Yes I know this. It is a fantastic option and the reason why I bought Pentax K 2000 long time ago.

---------- Post added 11-20-20 at 05:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dave_roe Quote
Welcome
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50592725133_0065176081_o_d.jpg

Do you recognize the place?