Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

HI!

Hello. Just picked up my new love this last weekend, a K100d w/ kit lens. I lucked out w/ Circuit City going out of business here in GA and scored a 55-200 lens for $100, so I'll be putting all of this to good use very soon. It's only been a few days, but here are some play-shots for your enjoyment. Can't wait to learn what you guys have to share, I'm certainly a noob in this field

Feel free to check out my flickr page as I will continue to post pics up there..thanks!!

11-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
Igilligan

That is a smokin deal on the 50-200

Welcome to the forum... congrats on the new cam and lenses.

You have stumbled on the best little forum on the net... and from the looks of your first photos, you are gonna do just fine.
11-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, looking at your pictures and you saying your new to all this, I aint gonna play you at poker
11-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #4

Gee that is a real shame that you had to suffer that ordeal obtaining your gear.

Now why can't I be that unlucky.

11-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, what are LBA and CBA? (Leaving Behind Analog?)
11-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Ratmagiclady, I must admit I like your version too, but the more normal versions that are used around here are, Lens Buying Addiction & Camera Buying Addiction.

These are both serious conditions that we all seem to suffer from time to time.
11-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

back where i'm from CBA is a serious infection, seriously contagious in schools and offices, more commonly known as "cant be arsed" syndrome.

also, those are great shots, i LOVE that shot of your dog, added you
11-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Aha. Thought it was more straightforward than that.

I've heard it called 'Gear Acquisition Syndrome' elsewhere.

Fortunately, I'm mostly all-talk in that regard, and mostly would just want nicer of the same old stuff, It's the little things that get me. I'd swear that just the Ebay shipping bill resulting from my fussiness about things like caps, straps, bags, and lens hoods would add up to something.

It used to be you could just go downtown and forage through all the used-camera shops for that kind of thing.

I'll soon have plenty to buy, I'm sure, though: I'm building a Pentax system to go with my old Canon film gear, but I'm starting out in style with a K20.

11-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Ah, and I keep forgetting to compliment the lighting on that doggie shot. That's really just well-done all around.
11-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thank you very much for the warm welcomes. The dog pic was shot #8 on my camera. No real staging, just pointed to something outside and snapped a few pics. I'm not new to photography per se, i just got this after having a kodak point and shoot for 5 yrs that had served me quite well, taking over 15k pics, it was just time for me to grow up

Thanks for the flickr add Isaac, I can't believe you're only 16 and shoot the way you do, talk about being a natural

ps - i've added more pics to my flickr page, feel free to check them out and lemme know what you think
11-25-2008, 03:20 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Welcome Eclipsed.
Imagine what you're gonna be able to do with a dSLR - well done.