Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
12-11-2020, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hi everyone,
I've become a new member since today, December 11th, 2020.
I stumbled across this forum in search of answers regarding the choice between a K-70 and a KP.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the answers in the threads and the mutual respect.
I currently live in Brussels, Belgium. I have owned and used Pentax camera's since the mid 80's.
My first ever Pentax was an ME Super film SLR.
I switched to digital after buying first a Pentax Optio S-10 followed by a K-500, the latter which I have still operating, even though the latch that holds the rechargeable battery in place, recently broke.
I managed to find a solution to this.
I am planning to go for a k-70 of KP now.
I still have a lot to learn about photography as I feel I've only been skimming a bit of the surface.
Hoping to benefit and contribute to this forum as I go.
Cheers,
Peter

12-11-2020, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! Lots of good people always willing to help with questions around here.
12-11-2020, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello, Peter, and welcome to Pentax Forums.

It is, as you say, a friendly forum to participate in, although the discussions can become a little robust from time to time, but that only shows how dedicated we are to the Pentax family and to frank exchanges.

Good luck with your choice of a new camera. Both have really good points in their favour.
12-11-2020, 02:26 PM   #4

Hi everyone,

My first digital camera was a Canon but I changed to pentax because the image stabilisator is in the camera and not in the lenses. I haven't regret it for a moment.

Herald

---------- Post added 12-11-20 at 02:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter_Brussels Quote
Hi everyone,
I stumbled across this forum in search of answers regarding the choice between a K-70 and a KP.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the answers in the threads and the mutual respect.
I currently live in Brussels, Belgium. I have owned and used Pentax camera's since the mid 80's.
I switched to digital after buying first a Pentax Optio S-10 followed by a K-500, the latter which I have still operating, even though the latch that holds the rechargeable battery in place, recently broke.
I still have a lot to learn about photography as I feel I've only been skimming a bit of the surface.
Cheers,
Peter
Hello, I'm a new member too. I live in Leuven near by Brussel and use Pentax for several years.

12-11-2020, 02:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.
12-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome on board!
12-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums! From Canada!

12-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

and if you post 6 or more times in a day, you can get a raffle ticket for a KP or T Shirt

QuoteQuote:
Pentax KP Giveaway - Enter here once per day until December 26th!
Welcome to our surprise Pentax KP raffle!

Each day in from December 7th through December 26th, you can claim one raffle entry, for a maximum of 20 per member.

To claim your daily raffle entry, simply post a reply in this thread each day you want to enter. You first will need to have at least 6 other forum posts on any day you wish to enter. It's as simple as that!

On December 27th, in addition to randomly drawing one grand prize (Pentax KP) winner, we will also draw 3 runners-up who will win their choice of a Pentax Forums T-shirt.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/416609-pentax-kp-g...#ixzz6gMiyTd6E
12-11-2020, 09:53 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums!
12-11-2020, 09:59 PM   #10
Closed Account

Hi Peter, welcome from Australia.
12-12-2020, 12:03 AM - 1 Like   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, enjoy all that the forum has to offer
12-12-2020, 04:59 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Herald A Quote
Hi everyone,

My first digital camera was a Canon but I changed to pentax because the image stabilisator is in the camera and not in the lenses. I haven't regret it for a moment.

Herald

---------- Post added 12-11-20 at 02:36 PM ----------

Hello, I'm a new member too. I live in Leuven near by Brussel and use Pentax for several years.
Hello to you too, Herold, and welcome to Pentax Forums. At this rate you'll be able to start a Brussels group soon!
12-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter_Brussels Quote
Hi everyone,
Cheers,
Peter
Welcome, Peter. I do not know much about the KP, but I do have a K70 which I really like and enjoy. I would like to win the current raffle/contest for a KP so I could compare the two cameras. From what I've read they are both very similar overall so each would be a good choice. Good luck with your choice.
12-12-2020, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #14

A warm welcome to our new members from Belgium.
12-12-2020, 12:35 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the community! Enjoy your Pentax photography and have a nice time here in the forum!