Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2020, 03:56 AM   #16

Welcome Meestah Chow & great story!

12-24-2020, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome from just north of T.O. (Caledon). My story is somewhat similar to yours, except I kept much of my film gear, including my beloved MX. Got into digital a few years ago with a K5ii, then a K10D, and am really enjoying both. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly bunch here on the forum.
12-24-2020, 06:27 AM   #18
Forum Member

Welcome!
12-24-2020, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It may have been a while but, though the tech has changed, you'll quickly find the basics haven't. Subject, composition, lighting, and exposure are still the keys regardless of the capture medium. Digital just gives you a little more latitude with the last two.

12-24-2020, 07:03 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great to hear and welcome! When I picked up a used K5 it really rekindled the joy of photography after a long hiatus with point and shoots/smartphone cameras for me.
12-24-2020, 05:50 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Meestah Chow Quote
Hello everybody,

I thought I was out of photography for good. Gave away my Besseler enlarger and darkroom gear to the local high school more than a decade ago. Culled most of my film gear years ago too.

While housecleaning I was wondering what to do with my MX and the last of my keeper K mount lenses, donate? sell? trade? When I shared my dilemma with one of the kids that work for me they said that they were shopping for an used K10D to use with their yard sale K mount lenses. That blew my mind! I'd been out of the photography game for decades and had no idea that a DSLR would accept mechanical lenses.

A week later and I'm the owner of a K-5.

And a new member to the forum!
Good choice from all I see here. Welcome to the Hog. Lots of information and help for photographers here, too