Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Summit Co, Ohio!

I am a brand new Pentax owner. I just purchased today from Dodd Camera in Cleveland, Ohio a Pentax K20D along with a smc Pentax DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6AL II lens.

I am a hobby photographer who photographs the woods, the farm I live on, trips to parks my family takes (pretty often) and of course my family. No aspirations of becoming any type of professional photographer but I always enjoy learning to excel. In due time.

I saved my allowance when I was in the 8th grade and finally got $70 together. I then bought my first camera, a (gulp) Minolta SRT-101. I used that for quite some time just as a hobby, nothing serious. Then I purchased a Minolta Maxxum 5. I didn't care for it much and my brother wanted a camera, he bought it and I purchased a used Canon ELan EOS. The digital age was upon us then, I got married had kids and decided to make the switch to a FujiFilm S602. I used it for a quite some time but it developed a problem of killing a fresh set of batteries in about 20 minutes (regardless if it was on or not) but weird thing was, it still takes good pictures!

So from there, I went to just a small point and shoot that my wife could use as well. I've never been at all happy with the pictures and noticed that I took less and less pictures. So, I am now a proud Pentax owner. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :-D

Jeremy

11-15-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Jeremy
11-15-2008, 03:22 AM   #3

Glad to see you here. Have fun!!!
11-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy.