Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #1

Hi from Connecticut

Hi, I'm Wade

I am a new to both Pentax and photography beyond point and shoot.
Amy and I just picked up a K20D with the intention of exploring our new hobby.

After reading reviews, over-analyzing specs, etc. we chose the Pentax. As a total newbie, I had no preconceived notions about the various camera companies. The Pentax just seemed aimed directly at our needs. We looked at the Olympus and Canon 40D also. The 40D wasn't comfortable in Amy's hands, and specifications wise it lost, as did the Olympus.
Mostly it was the very close and active Pentax community that drew me. It was obvious that the community support and interaction were a strong asset to this excellent product line.
Ivon Borque's book has been very helpful too.

So thanks for inviting us to join your community.

Wade

11-15-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome aboard. I am just north of you in westernmass but orginaly from Vernon Ct. You made a great choice and you will find all the help you need right here in this forum. Enjoy and look forward to seeing your pictures.
11-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, that's certainly a great tool you have there and with your help, it will produce some stunning images.