Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2021, 10:17 PM   #1

New to Pentax film cameras, but not new to shooting film and digital

Recently purchased a mint LX 35mm film. Saw the review on Japan Camera Hunter, and being the sucker I am, with a bad case of GAS; I had to buy one. Just put my first roll of Kodak 400Tmax through it (Jan 3) and look forward to seeing the results.

This is the newest addition to my film kit. It will partner with a Voigtlander Bessa R3A, Olympus XA, FujiFilm GF670, and a Zenza Bronica SQ-B.

Digital kit includes Sony A9, A7Riii, and an astro modified A7S.

Currently fond of shooting Astro/Night sky (the A7S), landscape, wildlife (birds), street and architecture. I've been developing my own B&W and color film (C41). Slide/transparency (E6) gets done at the lab.

All scanning of film done with the Sony a9 and the 90mm f/2.8 Macro lens.

Looking forward to contributing to this forum and learning about Pentax too.

S4Ducati

01-03-2021, 10:32 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from Australia.
01-04-2021, 01:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great to hear from you s4ducati, I've not used a LX, have fun with it
01-04-2021, 04:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Greetings from Greece. Have a good time with your Pentax.

01-04-2021, 04:55 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by s4ducati Quote
Recently purchased a mint LX 35mm film. Saw the review on Japan Camera Hunter, and being the sucker I am, with a bad case of GAS; I had to buy one. Just put my first roll of Kodak 400Tmax through it (Jan 3) and look forward to seeing the results.. . . Looking forward to contributing to this forum and learning about Pentax too.

S4Ducati
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

looking forward to whatever contribution you choose to make here

if case you haven't found these areas of the forums yet:

Pentax Film SLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com

QuoteQuote:
Lets see those ''film'' shots 8-)
Hi folks...Since our film community is small here, I thought it would be a great idea to have a thread on images that show the beauty of film...Does it have to be a Pentax? ''No'', lets make it about photography...I and others, I am sure, would like to see what different films put out, so film type would be a help if you know. Now lets see those film shots.
:cool: Lets see those ''film'' shots - Page 1461 - PentaxForums.com

QuoteQuote:
Description:
The Pentax LX was introduced in 1980 as a system camera for the professional photographer. It is the only Pentax 35mm SLR to feature an exchangeable viewfinder - a total of 8 viewfinders were available together with 9 focusing screens. A large array of other accessories, hereunder a 5 fps motor drive and a 250 exposure film back were available as well.

The LX has Av auto exposure as well as metered manual.

The built-in exposure meter is very sensitive being able to meter down to -6.5 EV in auto exposure mode. In manual exposure mode the meter goes down to 1 EV. The meter reads the light reflected off of the first shutter curtain or off of the film during exposure. Manual metering as well as auto exposure are available no matter which view finder is being used.

The set shutter speed is shown in the viewfinder. Some of the viewfinders show the aperture as well via a window that projects the aperture value from the aperture ring into the view finder.

Manual exposure is set by adjusting shutter speed or aperture until the LED indicating shutter speed matches the needle of the light meter. When shooting in Av auto exposure mode a +/-2 EV exposure compensation is available but no exposure lock.

The camera can be operated without batteries in the mechanical shutter speed range 1/75s - 1/2000s.

The camera body is light but rugged and sealed against dust. The Pentax LX was produced through a time span of more than 15 years.

Read more at: Pentax LX - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
01-04-2021, 01:42 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, IMHO the LX was one of Pentax finest hours... enjoy the camera.
01-04-2021, 06:51 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you all.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Here are some recent film images from my other film cameras. Once I develop the Tmax I shot in the LX I'll post those too; assuming they are worthy of sharing.

Steve

Once these post I'll come back and add description of how the image was shot, type of film and the camera used.

Thanks for looking and critique, criticism and compliments always welcome.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-9  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-9  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-9  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-9  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-9  Photo 
View Picture EXIF