Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Hello from Clearwater, FL

Hi everyone,

I have to admit, I've been lurking on this site for a few months now, just reading posts and learning a lot. I bought a K10D, grip and other stuff about a year ago, and have been enjoying it very much (about 4500 clicks so far).

My previous hobby was astronomy. I'm still interested in it, but decided that since I didn't get to do that as often as I liked, I would get more involved in photography. I love wildlife photography, airshows, and some racing photography as well.

Since I have been interested in Pentax forums, I have gotten addicted to the older manual focus lenses. I now have 8 and counting!

I look forward to joining in on the conversations, and I may post a few of my photos as well.

Michael

11-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!

I live in Williston, FL--about 2.5 hours or so north of you in the Gainesvlle/Ocala area.

I tried the manual lenses and they just didn't quite work for me, but there are plenty of manual lens afficianados around here--just check out the lens forum and you'll find plenty of good examples of what the manual lenses can do.

Heather
11-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome Heather,

I've been following these manual lens threats pretty closely. Some very inspiring shots on there.
11-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I only use older A series manual lenses, so you in some good company in here, enjoy.