Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2021, 07:13 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Gee, there are members here who are married to some powerful women....Chiefs of Staff, Ministers of Finance, Chancellors of the Exchequer (mine). Collectively we could give Doug Emhoff a run for his money.

01-19-2021, 10:16 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
Gee, there are members here who are married to some powerful women....Chiefs of Staff, Ministers of Finance, Chancellors of the Exchequer (mine). Collectively we could give Doug Emhoff a run for his money.

dont forget SWMBO...

---------- Post added 01-19-21 at 11:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob King Quote
Matt,
I have a few photos to post. Unfortunately our Internet Service is not the best and the Chief of Staff is watching a movie in the next room. Whenever I upload big photos, the screen on the TV freezes and the Chief gets upset. So tomorrow (when the TV is off) I will download the photos from where they are and place them on a memory card and post them to the forum Thursday evening. Wed evening is too busy for me to do anything.
There is a lot of experience on the forum, and no doubt, you will come away from posting your photo with plenty of suggestions to make you an expert.
01-19-2021, 11:50 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Matt,
I have a few photos to post. Unfortunately our Internet Service is not the best and the Chief of Staff is watching a movie in the next room. Whenever I upload big photos, the screen on the TV freezes and the Chief gets upset. So tomorrow (when the TV is off) I will download the photos from where they are and place them on a memory card and post them to the forum Thursday evening. Wed evening is too busy for me to do anything.
Do you have a router you can enable qos on? You might be able to keep her stream going while slowing your download down. It isn’t able to influence things much beyond your own downlink and uplink but if you are heavily constrained it may help.
01-20-2021, 04:44 PM   #34
dlhawes

QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
"Decorator General".

01-21-2021, 05:50 PM   #35

Original Poster
Andromeda Galaxy - First Photo post

Below is a photo I took at the Port Glasgow Marina on Lake Erie, Elgin County, Ontario. It was taken on Oct.10, 2020 with my Pentax K1 ii with a 28 mm f 4, 30 second exposure and ISO 6400. The lens was the Pentax 28 t0 105 mm zoom.

Click on the link below.
Attached Images

01-24-2021, 04:16 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Australia, a place I always wanted to visit but from what I have seen on Nature Programs, I could be looking at the stars and get gobbled up by an alligator or whatever you call them. My wife would never accompany me to travel to Australia so I guess it is not likely to happen.
Only need to worry about crocodiles up in the tropical far north and only on the edge of waterways Bears up your way would worry me much more than the crocs down here!
01-24-2021, 08:13 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Only need to worry about crocodiles up in the tropical far north and only on the edge of waterways Bears up your way would worry me much more than the crocs down here!
Just a visit to the southern USA can get alligator excitement going. Bears in the woods can be added to the list also. But having lived in the southern USA for my whole life I can say both are rare to have trouble with.