Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-30-2021, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Purchase a Photo?

I recently signed up for your forum, which is impressive. Lots of beautiful photographs. I do have an ulterior motive at the moment. We have converted our entire, large yard to wildlife habitat, and not all neighbors understand the importance of it. I am working on a piece of yard art to go out front which hopefully captures the spirit of our effort and helps educate the public. I have seen at least a couple beautiful photos on this website where I would like to contact the person who took them and inquire about purchasing a digital copy to use on a fiberglass sign in the display. I will not be using it to make money but rather to help educate. Is it permissible to contact a member and inquire about a purchase? I looked everywhere to see what the rules are, and I could not find any information.

01-30-2021, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Joy
Welcome to the forum. There's no rule against contacting another member or members and asking to purchase one or more of their images. I would suggest you use the private message system to contact other members.
Kind regards,
Mark
01-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your ongoing project.
01-30-2021, 04:26 PM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

you may want to check to see there are no restrictions on your property before doing any thing to your front yard

better safe than sorry

01-30-2021, 07:09 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JoyL Quote
Purchase a Photo?
Hi Joy, welcome from Australia.
As Mark mentioned, the Private Message system is your best option, but as a new member, you must have made 2 posts on the forums before you are eligible to PM. This is a small protection built into the system to prevent non-genuine new members from abusing the membership with scams and spam. (see below.)

Good luck.

The private messaging (PM) system, once you have made 2 forum posts, allows you to privately contact any user on the forum. Links allowing you to PM members quickly can be found throughout the forum, and you can also send private messages directly through the User CP. You may also choose to be notified of new PM's via e-mail, but please be adivsed that the e-mails are for notification purposes only and cannot be replied to directly. To reply to a PM message sent to you via e-mail, please access the User CP via the link provided in the e-mail. A copy of the private message will be in your PM Inbox on the forum

Read more at: Welcome & Forum Rules - PentaxForums.com