Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,438
Hello from Ohio

Easin' my way out and slidin' over from DPR... seems like a little better vibe over here My first SLR was an ME Super my Dad brought back from a trip to Japan in 1982, and I've carried a torch for Pentax all the way up to getting my first DSLR with a K10D birthday present to myself in December. Looking forward to learning all I can here and contributing when I think I have something to offer. Also looking forward to a DA*300 in September!

( I also carried on the family tradition and surprised my 19 year old with an early K100D birthday present last month. He's really into it and decided to skip Spring Break with his buddies this year and go out and do some shooting with Dad! Best thing that's happened to me this year!)

Bud

03-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Alvin's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,530
Well, I'd like to be the first to welcome you and your son to the forums! Look forward to seeing pictures taken by both of you

Your short little story brings back memories of when my dad was teaching me to shoot a camera when I was 5. A little Olympus Trip that is still in his garage. I'm now teaching my 8 year old with my "old" (for digital) Fuji 2800Z

Have fun!
03-09-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member
xfraser's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 830
Welcome to the forum Bud! I'm from Ohio too, and my next door neighbor's name is Bud.... I don't suppose it's you though!

Looking forward to seeing pictures from both you and your son. Have a great spring break together!
03-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member
FotoPete's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,710
QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
Welcome to the forum Bud! I'm from Ohio too, and my next door neighbor's name is Bud.... I don't suppose it's you though!

Looking forward to seeing pictures from both you and your son. Have a great spring break together!
Ahaha, small world!

Its great to hear that your son is so into it! If anything, my parents just want to take the camera away from me and get me off all these camera sites. haha. The only thing I take to school nowadays has been consistenty my lunch bag and camera bag. All my textbooks stay home haha.

03-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
Bud
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,438
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Well, I'd like to be the first to welcome you and your son to the forums! Look forward to seeing pictures taken by both of you

Your short little story brings back memories of when my dad was teaching me to shoot a camera when I was 5. A little Olympus Trip that is still in his garage. I'm now teaching my 8 year old with my "old" (for digital) Fuji 2800Z

Have fun!
Hi, Alvin, and thanks for the welcome. I'm finding that photography is a great hobby to share with the youngsters. My 16 year old daughter has P&S Canon and her interest has kicked up a notch now that "the men" are into it!
03-10-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
Bud
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,438
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
Welcome to the forum Bud! I'm from Ohio too, and my next door neighbor's name is Bud.... I don't suppose it's you though!

Looking forward to seeing pictures from both you and your son. Have a great spring break together!
Thanks for the welcome, but unless you're in Middletown, I'm not the same Bud. That would be bizarre, now wouldn't it?
03-10-2007, 07:35 AM   #7
Bud
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,438
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Ahaha, small world!

Its great to hear that your son is so into it! If anything, my parents just want to take the camera away from me and get me off all these camera sites. haha. The only thing I take to school nowadays has been consistenty my lunch bag and camera bag. All my textbooks stay home haha.
Your behavior sounds familiar. Chris says he rarely leaves for class without his camera in tow! He also told me that studying for mid-terms is a lot tougher now knowing that he could be out shooting.

Take care,

Bud
03-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #8
Ed in GA
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by Bud Quote
Easin' my way out and slidin' over from DPR... seems like a little better vibe over here My first SLR was an ME Super my Dad brought back from a trip to Japan in 1982, and I've carried a torch for Pentax all the way up to getting my first DSLR with a K10D birthday present to myself in December. Looking forward to learning all I can here and contributing when I think I have something to offer. Also looking forward to a DA*300 in September!

( I also carried on the family tradition and surprised my 19 year old with an early K100D birthday present last month. He's really into it and decided to skip Spring Break with his buddies this year and go out and do some shooting with Dad! Best thing that's happened to me this year!)

Bud
Hey bud, good to see you here. Great bunch of folks here.

So, greeting from the Marshlands of Georgia.

Ed

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
birthday, dad
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Ohio Eanna Welcomes and Introductions 6 04-10-2009 09:24 PM
Hello from Ohio... Furtivito Welcomes and Introductions 8 02-13-2009 05:10 PM
Hello from Ohio rayluther Welcomes and Introductions 1 01-25-2009 09:25 PM
Hello, from Ohio. old soul Welcomes and Introductions 3 12-09-2008 03:50 AM
Hi from Ohio! nicole Welcomes and Introductions 6 01-21-2007 06:39 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top