Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2021, 11:33 AM   #1

New to the forum - thank you everyone for the great lens reviews!

Hello everyone,
I have been lurking in here for the last 8 years or so and checking the site before any lens purchase.

First used Pentax K200D with Helios M44-4 and Vivitar 70-210, this was doing my student days but I soon decided to quit photography as I was not able to afford any better gear and my phone frankly started making better photos .
A few months ago I got bitten by the bug again and got a super cheap RX100III which got me back into photography and now I am back with Sony A7 and vintage lenses (my passion).
I really think that the lens feel is as important as the image quality. I have made quite a collection of lenses since getting A7 and will be adding a few reviews myself.

If anybody is interested here is my Flickr: Aron Re??ec | Flickr

Current gear:
- Sony A7
- Sony FE 28-70 kit (better than the Tamron SP below)

- Tamron SP 35-80 f2.8-3.8 (not bad, better than any other vintage zoom I tried but worse than the kit above in both sharpness and contrast)

- Tokina RMC 17mm f3.5 (not my cup of tea, yellowish tint and needs PP for all the images - decided to sell)

- Helios 44-3 58mm f2 (excellent lens, especially for the price, but the build quality is a bit 'loose' for lack of better word)

- Schneider-Kreutzenach Tele-Xenar Electric 135 f3.5 (best lens I ever came across and despite rave reviews on this site I still got surprised, also must have a lot of brass in there considering the weight/size ratio)

- Soligor C/D 70-210 f3.5 (nearing 1kg, a beauty with monster build quality but really only usable at 5.6 and up. The retractable lens hood can be used as a fidget toy as smooth as it is)

- Beroflex 500mm f8 (not bad for what it is and I expected much worse but not really possible to hand hold and focus, also minimum focus distance is 10+ meters)

If anybody is interested in comparison between any of the above or wants my opinion I am here.

02-04-2021, 11:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums blackbird. Beautiful pictures!
02-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Blackbird! Looking at your album you have a lot of interests, and a very nice collection of photos commemorating them. Hope to see you around with comments in some of our discussions.
02-04-2021, 12:16 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
Welcome to the forums blackbird. Beautiful pictures!
Thank you. I only recently started using Flickr again so hope to fill things out a bit with time.

02-04-2021, 12:17 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Welcome Blackbird! Looking at your album you have a lot of interests, and a very nice collection of photos commemorating them. Hope to see you around with comments in some of our discussions.
Thank you . Going to write a review or two right now for the lens I own as some of them are not that common.
02-04-2021, 02:15 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, long may you continue to enjoy all that it has to offer.
02-04-2021, 02:33 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.

02-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your photography! You have come a long way with altering your gear. I’ll be sure to get a good glimpse of your photo collection. Greetings from Greece!