Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2021, 10:50 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Introduction - Pentax cameras are my fav

Hi Everyone,
Long time watcher first time poster. If you have questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask. I started learning photography in 2007. My father was a professional photography (passed in 2015). In his later years, I purchased some of his older camera equipment to learn (Minoltas, Vivitar Series 1 (Tokina)).
Bought my first dSLR in 2009 - Pentax k20d. Love it. Just recently 'upgraded' to K5 ii-s. Major upgrade to me, actually. I thought I'd hold out for the new flagship before getting the current flagship. I think I'll see what I can earn with my K5 ii-s, first.
When dad passed in 2015, I received his complete Pentax 67 with full set of lenses, including tilt and shift lens. His photography focused on landscape and architecture, primarily religious buildings and temples. He was an exceptionally talented photographer. I wish he could participate in a forum like this.
Anyway, I am hoping I can glean some of the insights you all have. Your experience and opinions serve as my go-to authority for all things Pentax (and even some things not Pentax - ha!).
Best Regards,
Mark

02-20-2021, 11:27 PM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi from Australia Mark, and thanks for the introduction. Good to have you aboard.

Last edited by pjv; 02-21-2021 at 04:38 AM.
02-21-2021, 03:19 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome from South Africa, Mark.
02-21-2021, 03:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, Mark. There are some smart and well experienced people here and a (usually) friendly atmosphere. Hope you share some photos.

02-21-2021, 05:42 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard, long may you continue to enjoy all that the forum has to offer.
02-21-2021, 06:07 AM   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

QuoteQuote:
Description:
The Pentax K-5 IIs DSLR like the Pentax 645D has no anti-alias filter in front of the sensor and thus promises higher resolution and cleaner images than the K-5 II. In return there is a chance that moiré patterns become visible.

Other than the lack of an anti-alias filter, the K-5 IIs is identical to the K-5 II and it is thus - like the K-5 II - a refinement of the PENTAX K-5. It shares the body construction and button layout with the K-5 except for the LCD monitor on the back. The monitor is now recessed slightly since an air-gapless technology has been used which makes the LCD monitor assembly thinner. It is still a three inch, 921,000 dot monitor like on the predecessor, but the outer glass is tempered so as to be scratch resistant and an anti-glare filter has been added improving viewing in bright light. . . .
Read more at: Pentax K-5 IIs - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

follow the link for more info on the K 5 IIs, including links to manuals, " in depth " review and owners' reviews
02-21-2021, 09:49 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to the community Mark, greetings from Greece! I hope you continue your dad's legacy, I'd love to have a TS lens to play with. Sorry to hear he passed. I'm sure he will always be a creator to be inspired by. If I may ask, with all due respect, maybe you could share some of his work with the TS/67. There will be much interest in it.
02-21-2021, 01:09 PM   #8
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Mark. Another welcome from Australia.
Peter

02-21-2021, 02:01 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums. I too had a K-20D. It was my first DSLR.