Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2021, 03:13 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I would not fault you at all for going K-1000 over the KR-10 or any other camera on that list. I think it's probably a great camera, and there's a definite upside to having an all-mechanical camera to take with you, I just never have issues that make me want to go quite there.

If you ever want to search for a specific model, the Ricoh XR7 interests me more, and I actually own one and use it often. The Chinon CE-4 and CE-4s are also nice to use (but not so great to service, I think, from what I've read / been told).

I would not pay any money for a camera that does not allow for manual ISO control. Not all film has DX coding on the cassette and I wouldn't want to follow it all the time if it did. You may not find it to be an issue at all, I'm just speaking for myself.

02-23-2021, 05:33 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vanArhcento Quote
it is in a good condition and wil come with a vintage zoom glass for 60$
A K1000 with a lens for only $60 is certainly a good price
02-23-2021, 07:22 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vanArhcento Quote
Thanks, Lord Lucan, for Your comment. Yes, the cult around K1000 is there, You are right. I think it deserves it, but I still don't know...never had an opportunity to use it, but now I'll have, because it is in a good condition and wil come with a vintage zoom glass for 60$. I think the price is ok. I wanted to see how it look liketo, actually, shoot with this camera and I intend to use it. Thanks a lot for Your observation. Most helpful. Cheers.
Get the SF-7, a powerful tool and dirt cheap at present!
Compared with the Model T K-1000 it is a Ferrari!

Each has its place, so for two the K 1000 and the SF-7.
03-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I own and have used only the K1000, but the reputation and solidity of that camera is iconic. I've had mine for over 40 years and it still functions as well as the day I bought it, used. The other cameras on your list I know little to nothing about so I;ll defer suggesting any but the K1000.

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing some photos from you.

03-05-2021, 12:42 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from Namibia

And quite interesting about your choice of cameras. I have the K1000, MZ-10 and Ricoh K10 super. All of them a real pleasure , and I agree with pres 589 that the MZ 10 does not feel as durable with the plastic gears, but probably much motre durable that most of today's point and shoots. Also about his comment on manual ISO control. If you are into these cameras, you need that control as well. The Ricoh KR 10 super with its aperture priority shutter speed as well as the older manual KR5 were cheaper than other SLR's with similar specs and was unfairly rated as poorer quality. They are very robust and think a lot more of them is still working well any of the competition out there.

My choice would be the K1000 and the Ricoh
10-19-2022, 09:04 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
You're most welcome... please remember to show us all your Bosnia, when you get a chance.
Finally. I'm back. I had some problems with an e-mail account, but it's all O.K. now. All kudos to the pentaxforums admins and expeditive approach. It's been a while since this thread was actual, but soon, I'll post some photos from Bosnia in a new thread. Cheers and long live PENTAXIANS.
10-22-2022, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
The K1000 is reliable but very basic. But the main problem with them is that they are mostly stupidly over-priced (good condition ones anyway), because a bit of a cult has grown up around them, rather like that around the old VW Beetle
Part of the K1000 pricing is the fact that some college "intro to photography" courses required them and taught processing the B&W film as well!