04-29-2021, 06:45 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums.

04-29-2021, 04:54 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ITNeve Quote
Good morning everyone - I hope you are all well and enjoying your time taking photographs of whatever takes your fancy.
I bought a Pentax ME Super from a shop called Padgetts in Hull approximately 40 years ago to take pictures of my son/family growing up. I still have the camera with a M50 1.7 lens - I also have the 75-150M and A35-70. Over the years I took what I thought were great photographs and used to get them developed by sending away to tripleprint where you got one large photo and two miniatures - good old days!

About 15 years ago I got the 100D with the standard 18-55 lens - I used it but found it heavy on the AA batteries. I ended up getting a small Optio camera.

Recently though I have reignited my appetite for photography and bought second hand the K70 - primarily for taking photos of birds.

I have the DA50-200 & 18-135 pentax lens and a sigma 75-300 DG

I wonder if you can give me your thoughts on the next move for a good quality lens to go with the K70 for taking quality pictures of birds that may be some distance away.

I have been thinking about the 150-450 but it is twice the cost of the prime DA300 - any thoughts as what to get - should I just stick with the Sigma?

Thanks in advance and happy clicking!

Oh and don't forget to get a good picture of your mum on Mothers Day - you might need a zoom lens if you are observing social distancing!

Ian

I am awaiting the new K1 &K3 to come out and will purchase one of those next year after they have been reviewed.

I have to spend my sons inheritance - at least he will end up with a good camera and some decent photographs - ha ha
Not a birder, but a couple friends are and they usually use some pretty long lenses. They also often use a good sturdy tripod to insure limited camera movement or shake. Best of luck, and welcome to the forum.